how long should u wait?

holl1109

Mum to 1 & baking the 2nd
Reaction score
does anyone know how long u should wait before ttc after a c section? x

My doc told me to wait a year.

thats a long time isnt it. do u know why they make u wait so long?

Probably because there is a higher risk of complications with in that time & you need to give yourself a proper amount of time to heal. Imagine the amount of pressure a baby puts on your womb and if its not healed properly I suppose it could be really dangerous for you and baby.

x

oh dear. me and dh dtd on the weekend without using contraception. i suppose the chances are low of getting pregnant from doing once?!

I still have numbing around my c section scar and my baby is almost 13 months. Like mentioned already..they want to make sure you are good and healed up.

oh dear. me and dh dtd on the weekend without using contraception. i suppose the chances are low of getting pregnant from doing once?!

Have you had AF already? It is unlikely (you cant get pregnant in first three weeks after birth) but I suppose not impossible.

I think I was told to wait a year between pregnancies after my c-section

Have you had AF already? It is unlikely (you cant get pregnant in first three weeks after birth) but I suppose not impossible.

whats af? x

whats af? x

sorry, AF=Aunt Flow, so have you had a period since your LO arrived? :flower:

oh ha im rubbish with the jargon on here. nope no period yet i stopped bleeding about 2 weeks ago so waiting for it. had period pains yest but they've gone to now.

oh ha im rubbish with the jargon on here. nope no period yet i stopped bleeding about 2 weeks ago so waiting for it. had period pains yest but they've gone to now.

haha, dont worry. I had no idea what people were saying for months...until I found the thread that explains all the abbreviations and I did some home-work!! :haha:

I've not had a period yet (Lana is 4 months now) but every now and then i get crampy pains that never amount to anything. Are you breast or bottle feeding? or both? lol

ah i should try and find that lol.

im bottle feeding, breast feeding lasted a day, sylvie just wanted to be attached all of the time and still wasn't getting full up.

are you breast?

i'm both. Was exclusively breast feeding for a month then accidently weened her off which reduced my supply, and I couldnt be bothered with trying to build it up again (coz it would mean going back to how it was the first few days of being constantly attached), but I have found I am a million times happier now that I combi feed :thumbup:
That is probably why I havent had AF yet...or at least I hope thats the reason, and not that there is a little bean under all that jelly-belly :haha:

If you are worried hun, i'm sure you can do a home pregnancy test (which gets abbreviated to HPT by the way), but dont hold me to that coz i'm not sure how accurate they are after you have just had a baby!! :shrug:

ha im not going to even bother trying to lose this belly. ah thats prob why you haven't had your period then. i may do one in 2 weeks if nothings happened. i would of liked to bf but it was real hard work and lo one hysterical through being so hungry. nightmare. shame really because i heard that you lose weight quickly when bf-ing.

Dr's want you to wait at least a year to allow the scar on your uterus to heal. If you get pregnant too soon after a C-Section you run a higher risk of uterine rupture which can be very bad for both mom and baby. It does seem like a long time but in the long run its better for you both :)

hiya hun, i have had 3 sections, the first two were 13.5 months apart and my doc saw no problem in it, also they were emergancy ones as well! my youngest was born by elective section and i am now thinking of adding the final addition to my family :) although as i just had my third section i will be waiting a while lol but if its your first i would say 5-6 months and go for it :) good luck xx

hi ya,
I dont know if this is any help as every woman is different.
one of my friends has had 4 babies, 3 through c-section, she got pregnant 3 months after her 3rd baby and she had a lot of complications and her scar was hurting too much cause she didnt have time to heal. the docs tied her tubes after her last becasue they said it was too dangerous to have anymore.
xxxxxxx

but best of luck on WTT :)

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back