how long to conceive no 2??

Blu10

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering how long it took you to conceive baby no 2 please... especially if you were on BC pill - thanks x

I wasn't on the BC pill, but I did have the Mirena IUD. I had it taken out last July and we waited 3 months before TTC (based on the advice our midwife gave me to make sure I had taken prenatals for 3 months before TTC). But once we started actually trying, it only took 2 cycles!

#1 was after bcp, #2 was after Mirena. Each only took 1 cycle (even though we were intending to wait the 3 cycles that Missy08 mentioned before TTC #2).

Working on #3 now, Mirena was out in July. Started trying right away this time.

#2 was conceived after the pill, she took one cycle and is now a crazy 4 year old! Lol xxx

I'm also TTC #2 blue10 so will be stalking this post lol! X

I guess it depends on few other factors as well like, how long you have been on pills, your age and your overall health. Some women start ovulating again right away and find that they fall pregnant on their first pill free cycle. Others find that it takes a number of months for their natural menstrual cycle to resume. BC pills works by stopping ovulation. So once you are back to your normal cycle, you should most probably be able to conceive. However, if you had any ovulation problems before taking pills, these problems may still be there. So in any case, it would be advisable to consult your doctor while coming off with BC pills and starting TTC.

Before you start trying for a baby it's generally recommended that you wait until you have experienced one 'normal' menstrual period after stopping the pill. This will not only ensure that the hormones used by the pill to artificially control your cycle have left your system, but will also help your doctor to accurately pinpoint your due date when you do fall pregnant.

Charting your cycles right away after discontinuing the pill can help you to see when your own fertility returns and can help you see your own post-pill cycle characteristics.

Two cycles but took 3 months. My first cycle off the pill was a normal cycle but my second cycle was a bit wacky and ended up being 2 months long. I ovulated super late but still fell pregnant and had a normal pregnancy x

Thanks All! How long long have you been trying mrsmac? We conceived straight after stopping BC pill last time but mc at 6 weeks, then waited 3 cycles and conveived again cycle #1. Were both fairly fit and healthy, normal weight. I was on pill for 10yrs before TTC no1 and periods were really irregular then but they seemed more regular after having DS prior to going back on BC. Im anticipating it taking longer now that we are 4yrs older (im 32, hubby 35) but feeling inspired by your stories. Last cycle was 39 days but had lots of random spotting after AF for a good week so hope this cycle is shorter x

Sorry to hear about your loss Blu :hugs:

This is our first cycle but I'm pretty much certain I'm not ovulating regularly. My cycle has been irregular since DS was born and I've been charting CM etc, doesn't look promising.

Last time it took one cycle to get BFP but I was a more healthy weight (3 stone lighter) was much less stressed (it was our honeymoon!) and was I was 2 years younger.

I'm now 33, DH is 39 and I'm pretty sure I have PCOS (undiagnosed as a teenager but it seemed to sort itself out long enough to get BFP!). I have all the classic symptoms - weight probs (especially after having DS), a little unpleasant facial hair, irregular periods and sometimes I get acne around my chin.

I know what I need to do to get back on track - eat healthy, more more - but in the meantime I'm going to try agnus castus.

Are your cycles usually fairly regular? I haven't used BC pill for many years but wondering if it takes a few cycles to get kick started? X

Oh venapols! Hope u get a very sticky bean very soon, must be so frustrating. Mrsmac, im only really keeping a tab of 1st day of period, i tend to get ovulation pain and ewcm so im guessing im ovulating (hopefully). Not too sure what periods are doing, in 16 years ive probably been off the pill for 6 months or so which has only been when TTC and after giving birth. Last cycle was 39 days, i think i ovulated around cd18 so hope this cycle will be approx 32 days or there abouts x

See I know that if I o, it's on day 14 or 15. I'm now on CD17 and I've yet to get any EWCM or o pain so this cycle doesn't look good. I've got really sore bbs though which I believe is a sign of increased oestrogen and therefor no ov :cry:

Never mind, there's always next month. And if it never happens, I have a beautiful wee boy! Xx

I wasn't on birth control tried straight after my son and Olivia took 16 months to get pregnant with my loss then another 8 months to conceive olivia so if you include both it was 2 years or about a month over that :wacko:

I came off the mini-pill in July last year, we weren't intending to TTC yet, but I wanted to see how regular my cycles were going to be - pretty irregular as it turns out! We used condoms until October when we started to TTC. We fell pregnant on the second cycle. My ovulation was so unpredictable we missed the best days the first cycle. The second cycle I used Vitex and soy isoflavones (not knowing you shouldn't take them together) to ovulate early and they worked. I ovulated on CD 12 (after CD25 the cycle before) and we'd timed everything really well so hit our BFP.

Wow not heard of either of those squirrel. Mrsmac I had horrendously sore nipples around time I thought I ovulated, is that a sign I may not have ovulated then?? This TTC malarky is hard work lol x

No, I think that prob means you did - there's a big surge in oestrogen before ovulation then progesterone rises to thicken the lining of the womb so it's common around ov and in the run up to AF.

I've had sore boobs since CD 13 which makes me think oestrogen is dominant in the second part of my cycle. That and the fact I've had no EWCM and I haven't felt like BDing, I just get a feeling I haven't ovulated.

I could be totally wrong but I just feel this month isn't my month!

But I've made a concerted effort to eat well and move more. Hopefully that'll kick start things and in a few months, maybe I'll get lucky! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->