How long to Replenish Sperm Count?

HappilyMrs

Mommy and Wifey
Reaction score
I talked to my doctor yesterday and we are starting Provera tomorrow to induce AF and hopefully(FX crossed) O this month.

She said she wants us to BD once a day for 5 days during the fertile period but no more than once a day because otherwise he's "shooting blanks". Which I didn't know... my question is how long does it take to "replenish" his sperm?? We know we can't try more than once a day but sometimes it's the night before and then the next afternoon or morning even. Are we needing to wait a full 24 hours or just the "next day". I googled it but didn't come up with much of an answer. Anyone know??

Thanks ladies!

when a guy goes for sperm analysis he is told to refrain from sex for 3 days before taking the test, because it takes 3 days to get the supply full. Most docs recommend to have sex every otherday. However everyday is ok too if his sperm count is in the excellent range.

I'd say at least 24 hours. If there is a sperm count issue every 48 hrs is better. We usually do every 2 days until we get a positive opk then do it that day and the next day (ov day) hope it works!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->