How long until AF after implant out?

pinkcatgirl

Reaction score
On day 10 and nothing yet. Not had a period since before last baby, almost 2 years.

Trying my best to stop breastfeeding although I feel sad to stop and baby still wants it.

Anyone had their implant out who can share their experience?

I had Implanon for 11 years. When I got it out (last December), from memory, it was a few weeks until I got my period. Then it didn't come again for a couple of months, then cycle went to 6 weeks for quite a while, and only recently started to become shorter in the last couple of months (down to 32 days this month).

My doctor also suspects mild PCOS, so this may affect my results in this case, but I most definitely ovulate.

My Doctor advised that cycle should return to normal immediately following Implanon removal, but I didn't find this to be the case at all and there are plenty of other ladies out there who have experienced the same.

Good luck, hope your body sorts itself out soon!

Hi all i am new to this site , hoping to get some advice, had the impant in my arm removed thursday last, i finished my AF last tuesday, saturday i had a tiny bit of spotting but yesterday and today i have heavy bleeding and awful stomach pains, phoned my GP and he said that this can happen to a certain few women when implant is removed. i am wondering has anyone else had the same as me. myself and my finance are TTC our first baby before our wedding in 2015 so i am hoping if this is another AF that it will be gone soon so we can try to concieve again, all this is so new to me , i dont know how i am too feel etc, i know i really want a baby and hoping it happens soon but i know it can take months. thanks all in advance

That sounds quite normal actually. The implant is progesterone, so when you withdraw the supply of progesterone you may get withdrawal bleeding. Hopefully it will stop soon and your body will resume cycling!

I had my implanon out in April after 13 months on. I had odd periods from the time i had my DD until i was put on implanon when she was 6 months old. then they stopped altogether. I had no period at all for 6 months after it was removed. im on my first proper cycle now after the removal and on cd 21 with no sign of O :( hoping it shows up soon!

I had implanon in for 5 years, on BC in general for 11 years. I didnt really have periods on it, just spotting every year or so. Got it removed Sept 23. I ovulated exactly 2 weeks later, which was great because I heard you can become fertile again after two weeks. I just got AF today, 35 days after getting it removed. I was not expecting to see AF so soon after being on BC for so long!

Thanks all.

In the end AF showed up 5 weeks and 2 days after removal. , made sense really as if you ovulate post removal after 3 weeks as most women do, then period comes 2 weeks later.

Now TTC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->