How long until my breasts stop producing milk if I am formula feeding?

ForestCheetah

Reaction score
I had my boy exactly 1 month ago through a c-section :) I tried breast feeding for the first 24 hours but found it very painful (it began bleeding) and that with the combonation of the c-section was just too painful for me, so I went to formula feeding.

About a week after the attempted breast feeding, my breasts got really swollen and engorged so I had to pump for about 3 days. It's been almost a month now since I pumped and my breasts are a normal size now, but they are still dripping out lots of milk (or some kind of fluid). It seems to happen the most in the morning or when my son cries. I have been wearing breast pads to help contain it, but it still gets everywhere!

I was wondering how much longer they will "leak" like this? It's kind of embarrassing because they will sometimes leak beyond the pad in public and I won't have any idea until someone stares!

It only took a week after I stopped for my milk to dry up completely. I would start a combo birth control cycle, it dries you up. Drink lots of peppermint tea, keep warm water off your breasts during the shower. It should stop eventually.

Hey I ff from birth. I wore tight sports bra applied ice packs and DID NOT PUMP to relieve swelling .

I know this is a while later but it ended up taking 4 months for me lol

It must vary by woman. I nursed my first child for three months (although I only *exclusively* nursed him for three weeks) and I could still express milk manually when he was over two years old. :lol:

With my second child, I nursed her for two years and once we weaned, I dried up instantly. Could not squeeze out a drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->