How long until you passed?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Had my first driving lesson today :happydance:

How long did it take you to pass?

6 months on two hours a week learning but I wasn't a very confident learner and I failed twice so had to wait six weeks between each test.

It took me yonks but that was because I didn't stick at it. I also really lacked confidence. How many lessons a week will you be doing?

xx

about 62 hours of driving lol

It went like this:

Started off great, thought driving would be a doddle
10hours in, still fine
16hours in, struggling but not bad
20 hours in, hit a wall

changed to auto and had more lessons and rest is history passed firstt ime x

Going to try and do 2 hours a week.

The instructer said i did really well today but she could say that to everyone! :haha:

I asked the average time which was 40 hours and she said she could see me doing it in less and definitely before christmsa

started june 2003 on my 17th birthday, passed september 2005 second time but i did have long gaps without lessons. I had 3 instructors including one who said he couldnt cope with me bless him. I was a TERRIBLE driver and still am really i have zero spatial awareness. Sounds like you'll do it pretty quickly??

OMG i cringe when i tell people how many lessons i had!! I had about 90 hours and 5 tests! hahha, im not tooooo bad a driver - really!!!! XX

I passed 6 weeks after my 17th Birthday, I did an intensive course :)

4 months with 1 lesson a week, I couldn't afford to do more at the time.

Took me 6 months, one lesson sometimes 2 per week and i was a nervous learner. Passed 2nd time, failed first time because i was nervous lol
Good luck xx

Took me five months, I passed second time xx

You ladies are giving me hope i can do it before Christmas.

Im determined to get it done asap

I was driving on and off for 6 years. Last year i was like right this is it no going back this time or quit learning to drive for good. I thought i need to get my LO to nursery and so last year my OH said he would let me drive everywhere at first to get my confidence back. That helped so much so he told me to find a decent driving instructor that was october last year.The other driving instructor i had in the passed where crap! So found this young instructor very nice chilled out bloke and knew what was going through my head when i got panicky. He was nice and he kept prasing me up. 2 months ago he was like right i think your ready for your test and i said i didnt feel ready. But i did and thought oh bugger it whats the worst that could happen. So i had my test 2 weeks ago and passed first time with only 1 minor driving fault:happydance: My advice is have an hour driving lesson before your test thats what i did. The test is about 40 mins and goes very quickly.Im not a confident driver by all means and i dont go far at all. But its made a big dfference and i no longer have to relie on people to take me and the kids here and there. So if you can do stick it out.I wish i never kept starting and stopping and dragging it out for 6 years. Would of been driving ages ago if i didnt! I had 2 hour lesson once a week as well and paying £40. Good luck hope all goes well:thumbup:

i took 20 lessons at 1 hour each, passed first time too x

I've got my test booked (very soon!) after about 30 hours of lessons.

I did 20 hours of lessons about 3 years back but circumstances changed (bought a house) so couldn't afford to carry on. Started the lessons up about a month ago (double lesson, once a week) and within 3 lessons was told to book my test!

Im an ok driver, my manouvers are ok as long as I dont panic but I need to be a bit quicker on the acellerator (im a bit driving miss daisy sometimes!)

Can't wait to get on the road though!

I did my first lesson in October, and passed at the end of May. So seven months, 2 hrs lessons per week.

I turned 17 on the 3rd of April 2010, passed my theory on 29th and then put in for my test middle of may and took it on the 12th July and passed first time :)
I was having on average 2 hours a week and would go out a couple of times a week if I could, I also was insured on a car at home so my parents took me out a lot to get in the private practice. So was a fairly quick proccess only taking a few months! I really wanted to get it done though and pretty much started as soon as I turned 17! x

I passed after 10 months but i was "test ready" at 8 months, just failed twice and had to wait for re-test xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->