How long was your first labour?

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
Just laying here wondering if my second will be shorter than my first! It was 15 hours total, i had an epidural at 8cm (was 4cm when i requested it lol) it did slow labour down a little and due to my asthma/tiredness and 1.5hrs pushing i ended up needing forceps. Didn't think 15 hours was too bad though taking all that into consideration. I'd love an intervention free one this time.. 5 hours will do! Lol what would you all like second time round? (Or third, fourth etc!)

Xxx

Ouchie on the forceps :hugs:.

My second labor was shorter than my first (my oldest took 8 hours to be delivered, my second took almost 6). I am greedy and hope this one will only be 4 or so :blush:.

From first thing I noticed as a contraction to 10cm was 4.5 -5 hours... crazy. Didn't have time to get to the right hospital. :) had her at a different (closer) one than planned. Was trying to push in car. Showed up 9.5cm. After they broke my water they foufound out ahe was breech and did an emcs. My mom had very fast labors too. I was her second, amd born in the backseat of my dads car in route to hospital.

My first labour was 35 hours with forceps, second was 12 hours which was lovely but went 4-10cm in 4 mins and she flew out, midwife didnt have time to put gloves on, both where horrible labours and birth so fingers crossed with this one that things are easier

First labour was 37 hours in total. 16 in established labour but I was contracting hard before that. He had his arm up so wasn't presenting correctly so I stayed at 1cm for ages :( ended up moving from midwife unit to hospital in ambulance and having epidural. (always said I wouldn't!!) pushed for 2.5 hours!!! They went to get vontouse (sp?) but husband said no and he came out once doc sorted his arm! :) hoping this one slips out like a bar of soap...

Both my labors were about 3 days long. First ended in "emergency" c-section. Dr. felt it was okay even knowing baby was in distress to finish his appointments for the day before showing up to deliver her. :thumbup: Yeah, I'm still cranky about it 17 years later.

Second progressed much the same as the first, except baby wasn't in distress just slow progressing labor. She was born naturally.

I was in the very early stages of labour for nearly 4 days (sounds bad, but while the contractions were every 5 to 10 minutes, they were relatively mild). The actual active labour started at about 9am and I had a c-section at 8:40 something, so almost 12 hours of the intense stuff.

41 hours from 1st contraction till birth.
#1 8lb 4oz 37 hrs to get to 4cm ( arrived at the hospital at 4cm ) then 4 hours of 'active' labour.
Waters broke 35 minutes before birth and pushed for 25 minutes. 2nd degree tear.
#2 9lb 22 hours, again arrived at the hospital at 4cm and 4 hours of active labour.
Waters broke 10 minutes before birth and pushed for 8 minutes. No tearing went home 6 hours after his birth.
I'm hoping pre labour is shorter this time around :)

26 hours exactly from waking up to very mild contractions to birth.

Half a shot of pethidine; an hour later my body started pushing of its own accord. Two hours later he arrived, only intervention was AROM as he was crowning but I'd ask them not to do that next time. 3a tear though, as he had his elbow out to the side.

It's hard work pushing without any lubrication from the waters!!

I was induced (so don't think it counts) I had a two hour labour and then pushed for 2 hours until they brought out the forceps...

What was weird was I turned up for my induction (waters broke 36 hours before) and had no pain whatsoever but was 3cm dialated - in fact the midwife told me to ease off the gas and air until I really needed it - she thought I was about 4/5cm by that point and I was 9cm FFS!!! They only realised because I requested pethidine so they examined me...

... so I have been warned that is one could be very quick - needless to say I am bricking it (My Dad delivered my little brother because my Mum didn't get to the hospital...)

Mine was 5 hours but I had a home birth which makes it quicker (or so the midwives say). My waters broke 3 hours before any contractions started and then they were often and intense. I was 6cm when the first midwife turned up

My waters broke when i was asleep and they were browny green, so rushed to hospital and was induced so contractions were strong from the beginning. From having the oxytocin to giving birth was 18 hours.

#1 was 20 hours from first contraction until first cut. I think it was about 9 hours from being "established" until first cut. I was 8cm but it could quite easily have gone on another 6 hours.

#2 was 17 hours from first contraction until delivery and about 6 hours from being "established" until delivery. He was back to back, even born sunny side up and took a while to get established and I'd already spent 3 days not quite in labour.

I had my first painful contraction about 11pm and she was born at 3.28am the next day so 28 1/2 hours? Including 3 hours of pushing, picotin drip and vontuse! (I don't know how to spell any of these things lol)

Waters broke at 8am first contraction at 6pm and delivered at 3:45, 10 hours from first contraction to birth x

I was also thinking the same thing to myself last night. Feeling more nervous for this one for some reason. Maybe its because i know whats coming lol. With my daughter i woke up in labour. From that first contraction till she was born it was 8 hours and 45mins which i thought was quite quick for a first labour. As soon as i got to the hospital they sent me down because i was already 6-7 cm. I see this next one being faster, at least thats what they say don't they? X

well i really hope my 2nd is faster after a 59 hour labour!! lol

From first contraction 32 hours, hosp recorded established as 9 odd hours but didn't get to hosp til 6-7 cm so probs longer than that in reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->