How long was your first labour?

Lots of different lengths! Does seem like second timers are shorter if only by a couple of hours... I'd settle for that! Lol

I had an episiotomy too and it tore... Lost so much blood they put me on 3 iron tablets a day! I felt like i was dying :/ hoping that doesn't repeat itself!!

19.5 hrs, got an epi at 8 cm as DD was face ip and the pain was unbearable. Contractions stopped, needed pitocin and they almost brought out the vac. This time around i hope LO is in the correct position so i can go without meds!

I Loooove labor stories.

My first was a horry story. >.< 32 hours documented labor. From first contraction to having her. She took her good old time. Pushed for 45 minutes. Which isn't bad at all. She ended up being too big for me but I still did it naturally. Epi in the 29th hour.

My second. 3and a half hours. BIG difference. That time I exercised the ought out. Prenatal yoga. Walking. Weights. I think that made the difference. Tried for an epi but ended up completely natural. Slipped disks. Thought it would be a while but literally had him an hour after getting to the hospital. :-/

This time I'm going to try and stay healthy. Exercise ect. I think that made the difference.

My first: 5 hrs
Second: 1.5hrs

Third...supposed to be the wild card so we'll see!!

6hrs of established labour for me. Had contractions for 7 hrs before that but were bearable so stayed home and was already 5cm when i went to hospital. Ended up having an episiotomy x

30 hours starting at 37+1 with my waters going. Progressed well until 10cm then contractions stopped so needed drip. Had her quickly after that with a second degree tear. Gas and air and tens. The most amazing 30 hours of my life! Can't wait to do it again and really wouldn't mind another long one as this will be the last!

Most time first pregnancy is longer that's not the case for everyone but it is for me

with my second - be time i could no longer stand the pain she was born 5 mins later on my hall floor delivered by my mum whilst my shocked dad looked on horrified lol ;)

Well my first was about 2 days long. Was a slow labour. But when it actually came to the pushing all went smoothly enough.
With my second I was hoping for a shorter labour. It had been 10 years since my first. But it ended up being pretty much identical to my first. 2 days of contractions and then a pretty straight forward birth.
With my third I wad addmitted to hospital with errmm piles.... Had to be on maternity caus I was then over 40 weeks. Was having braxton hicks ( or so I thought) but they were not easing off that evening so by1am called in miwife was examined and not even 1cm. She gave me pethedine so I could sleep so I would get some rest before surgical came to see me the next day. Things were a bit of a blur from there in but I called her back in about 3 and told her the pethedine was not working so she said she doubted that anthing had changed but to go down to labour ward to be examined then I could maybe take a bath. Turned out I was a good 6 to 7 cms. My son was born at 6.27am after a very difficult birth as he was face up and head up instead of tucked. So ended up being asissted. So I suppose that labour was around 5 and a half hours, though it didn't dawn on me I was in actual labour till they told me I was around 7cms.
For this one I hope the labour is quick like number three with a nice uncomplicated delivery like my first 2 oh and no piles would be nice :)

My waters went in my sleep. Got to hospital at midnight. Put me on a ward at 2am cos high blood pressure. No pain till 4am ish. Given paracetamol. 5am told to get a bath, 6am finally got someone to examine me 9cm!!! Born at 8.11am with 38 mins pushing!

Getting scared cos hospital recorded labour as 3hr 40 mins??? I've had three friends this year deliver their second babies at home x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->