How long was your labor?

Tazi88

Reaction score
Helllo ladies, I am 25w + 5d and have been in the hospital for premature labor for a week. I have had the steroid shots and was told it is too late for a stitch. They have sent me home but expect me to give birth fairly soon as my cervix is down to 8mm. We live over an hour from the hospital and I was wondering just how long labor lasts for premmies? How did you know you were in labor? I have been having contractions that are painless for two weeks now and am afraid I won't know when it's the real deal and have heard horror stories of people not knowing they were dilated. Many Thanks!

my little girl was just over 5 weeks premature and my waters broke at half one in the morning, had contractions on and off all day then had her that night at 10.37

I had pprom at 23+6, was given the fist set of steroids straight away, next lot 24 hours later, contracted on and off for 3 days and had my daughter at 23+6. My waters did become infected, and if she hadn't arrived naturally, they would have induced me or given a c-section. xx

We had no warning, just contractions. Those started at 9.30pm and I didn't even know what they were :dohh: I was 9cm dilated at 1/2am.

My waters didn't break.

She was born at 6am.

I had contractions for 4 hours before I went to hospital and was fully dilated by then. The contractions weren't painless though, they were pretty bad. They broke my waters and he was born 20 minutes after that, so quite quick really. From start to finish it took around 7 hours.

In my case, my waters broke on Wednesday morning (i think I was having contractions before that but I didn't know what they were, just thought they were pregnancy aches) I was admitted into hospital, had the steroids straightaway and then more 24 hours later and I was 4/5cm dilated by early hours Saturday morning, I went in for a section as it was supposed to be a section anyway and had him at 7:05am on the Saturday morning

They told me after he was born that I was pretty much going to have him within a few days of being admitted into hospital which is why they wouldn't let me go home but I assume this was based on my waters having gone.

:hugs: Hope LO stays put a bit longer for you. x

At 30.2 weeks I went into labor, got my steroid shots, and luckily they stopped my contractions. Went into labor again at 33.3 and was able to stop it once more. I was 4 cm dilated with irregular contractions for a couple weeks. My water broke at 35.4 weeks at 7:30pm but contractions stopped so I was induced and LO arrived the next day at 6:39pm.

I had my little boy at 25+6 my waters went at around 5pm, but had been having contractions from 10am that morning i thought it was trapped wind. once my waters went the contractions got worse and I had my little boy at 04.23 in the morning. I had had a lot of gushing of blood for the 6 weeks prior to having my little one so thought was just having a bad day until the pains got worse. xx

I went into labour at 31 weeks and it lasted for 72 hours in total as they kept delaying it.

Stacey started having dull aches at 1:30pm. By 8pm, she started having contractions every 10-12 minutes, in the car on the way that was reduced to about every 4 minutes.

They had to break her waters, and Joseph was born at 11:08pm.

I never had labour. My waters broke randomly (Like atomic, I was confused and had no idea what it was!!). I never had any contractions, not even any cramps or anything. I was already in hospital after a major bleed and after the waters broke, I bled again so they went in to get her out.

I think the moral of our stories is, labour can be randomly long or shortwith preemies, just as with full termers!

Hi,

i had 7mm cervix at 22 weeks then 0mm by 25 weeks, waters broke at 26+3 days and still nothing until 27+2 days when i was induced due to bleeding and start to finish was 1hr 45 minutes, i dont know if it was that quick because of Evie being small or because i was induced,

My advise in your case would be to rest as much as you can to take the weight off and if anything starts get to hospital straight away and call them on the way to let them know your coming. Good luck xxxxx

My waters broke @ 6.40 am when I was 35 weeks and contractions started @ 7.15. By the time I got to the hospital at 8.00 I was having back to back contractions and when they eventually examined me, I was 8cm dilated :wacko:
I gave birth at 9.24 am so I was in labour for less than 2 and a half hours :happydance:

I had my little one at 32+6 weeks.
My waters went around 8pm no contractions before hand. Contractions started around 8.30pm I was examined at approx 9.00pm and was fully dilated and she was 'just sat there'. She was born at 9.47pm but there was a bit of time between being fully & being allowed to push as I had to be moved to labour suite and they had to wait for a neonatal registrar and ob & gyn registrar. In my notes all 3 stages totalled 1hr 14mins.

But everyone is different.

I was induced at 35 weeks, had 1st pessary at 9am on weds then delivered at 7am on thursday but my notes said labour was 27mins! felt like days to me but because i only had period pains and was not dialating they said it was not propper labour, they lie it so was real, i went from 1 to 10 in 27mins then he shot out with no pushing and he nearly flew off the end of the delivery bed!

By the time they decided i was in labour and said i could have some gas and air, which was only availble in the delivery suite and i was in a labour room, i was begging for the g&a i ran down that corridor shouting where is number 9:haha: but i took so much i was totally off my cake and had no control over my birth at all:cry:

My waters broke at about 11pm last Tuesday - didnt have contractions or anything it just gushed out! Then had contractions early hours of Friday @ about midnight, they were about 30 secs apart at 5am and Ihad him at 7.07am so v short!

My first labor with a preemie was a bit around 8 hours long. I don't think that you should plan on a fast labor even with a preemie. Some can take just as long while others will be faster. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->