How Long was your preemie in NICU? :)

LonelyAngelx

Reaction score
Hey ladies, i was just wondering how long your preemies were in NICU for?i had my son a week ago at 33 weeks weighin 4lb 15 oz :) im interested to know how long your LO were in for :)

aaah congratulations, thats a really good weight, my little one was born just over 10 weeks ago at 32+6 weighing 4lb 13oz and he was in for a total of 16 days, those kind of weights are generally good enough for the babies to be discharged, however provided there are no other problems I believe they have to stay just to learn to feed and maintain their temperatures. How is your son doing?

My son was born at 28 weeks and 6 days, weighing 2 pounds 11 ounces. He was in the NICU for 60 days.

Findlay was born at 35+1 weighing 5lb 7oz and was in for 17 days.

Iona was born at 35+0 weighing 3lb 5oz (but was only developed to the point of a much earlier baby due to an underlying condition) and she is still in hospital and today is day 91.

Amelia was in for 9 weeks. She was born at 27+3 weighing 2lb 8oz and came home at 36+1 weighing 4lb 7oz x

many congratulations
My LO was born @ 33 + 4 and she weighed 5lb 4oz and was only in SCBU for 3
weeks
Every Preemie is different she had a little jaundice and a feeding tube they were only monitoring her temperature but her breathing was absolutely fine

Congratulations on the birth of your wee boy. :) What a great weight he was.

Anya was born at 23+6 (weight 1lb 7oz) and we were in neonatal for 136 days. Worth every second. She's 10.5 months old now. xx

My little girl is 17 weeks old now and was born weighing 1lb 8.5oz at 28w6d and was in nnu for 8wks and 1day, weighed 3lb 10oz when she left at 37 weeks gestation

Olivia was born at 28 weeks and was in hospital for 98 days ( 2 weeks over her due date)
Grace was born at 28 weeks and was in hospital for 116 days (4 weeks over her due date but she had alot of complications)
Hope your LO is doing well, thats a great weight :) xx

Congratulations :)

Sophie was born at 27 weeks exactly and was in for 12 weeks and one day.

xx

hi my lil one was born at 30 weeks weighing 3pound14 and he stayed in for 4 weeks :)

Wow all your little ones seem to be doin so well :) its nice to hear all your stories :)
x

I had mine at 33 weeks and he was 3 lbs 10 oz. He stayed in NICU for 22 days.

aww congratulations !! That's a good weight yes! He shouldn't be in very long. :happydance: my son was born at 27 weeks (1lb4oz) and was in nicu for 105 days. Seemed to last forever while he was there, but now I can't believe he's been home for over a year!

Mine came out at 35 weeks exactly so was in for just over 6 weeks. It still felt like forever and I was starting to get really down about the thought of continuing until his due date when he suddenly got his act together at 34 weeks and I was told he could come home.
I felt like my life slowed down onto an hour-by hour basis for the first 2 weeks, then I was going day to day. Once he got home things speeded back up to life's normal manic pace and here I am at 1 year old trying hard to remember where exactly the time went!

My twins were in for 17 weeks and came home four days after their due date. They were born weighing 1lb 3oz and were just over and just under 7lbs when they came home.

The other twins I had were born at 28 weeks and in for ten weeks, and the 27 weeker I had was also in for ten weeks.

My 34 week daughter was only in for six days.

Preston was born at 37+3 but very sick so they considered him a preemie since he was on the cusp of full term but induced and NOT ready....he stayed in 16 days.

Mia was born at 35 weeks plus 5 and weighed 6lbs and was out after 2 days
Ellie was born at 32 weeks plus 2 (we think) my dates were out and she stopped growing properly at week 21(ish) and weighed 4lbs 3oz but dropped to 3lb by day 2was in NICU for just under 9 weeks, but she did and still has alot of complications and we nearly lost her on day 3.

congrats and hope you arent in too long

I have had four preemies now. My newest arrival came on Friday! He was born at 30 weeks weighing 3 lbs 12 oz and is doing great.

My first came at 31 weeks, weighing 3 lbs 7 oz and was in the NICU for 4 and a half weeks. My second son was born at 33 weeks weighing 4 lbs 5 oz and he came home after 2 days... he had no problems:) My other son was born at 31 weeks and weighed 3 lbs 11 oz and came home after 2 weeks.

All my boys were all over the board for their length of stay. I wish there was a good way to predict how long my newest lil man will stay but I know its all up to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->