How long were your stages in your labour/s?

1-5cm took 12 hours.
5-10cm took 5 hours.
Pushing took an hour.

I didn't deliver my placenta, my doctor pulled it out manually. They were in a rush to stitch me up as my LO hit an artery on the way out and I was bleeding profusely. Fun!

I didn't know I was in labour until I was in active labour (5cm at 8:30 pm). I was in active labour till 11 pm (2.5 hours), transition for one hour and pushed for 30 mins. My baby was born at 12:45 am exactly!

It was a very quick labour compared to most ppl's first baby I was told.

3cm-10cm 2 hours 30 mins
pushing - 14 minutes
After birth - 2 minutes

Contractions started at 10pm, but they didnt count it until 5am as this is the time I was unable to sleep.

5:00 - active labour
9:40 - 4/5 cm at midwife appt
11:00 went to hospital, was not checked again until my body started pushing
13:45 - fully dilated
13:44 - waters broke
14:19 - daughter born after puching for half hour, placenta expelled

Stage 1 - 8hrs 45 mins
Stage 2 - 34 minutes
Stage 3 - 0

I was induced but was in active labour (4-10cm) for about 8-9 hours if I remember right. I was in hospital for over 24 hours before I got to 4cm though so I was pretty fed up by that point lol! Pushing stage was 6 minutes but I got a third degree tear (9lbs 4oz baby coming out fast will do that I guess!) so to be honest i'd be OK with a slightly longer pushing stage next time if it would mean a less severe tear. Third stage i'm not sure as the midwife started pulling on the cord when it didn't come out and then I had a 2.5 litre pph as my uterus had stopped contracting. Narrowly avoided theatre but had to have a blood transfusion.

Stuck at 1cm from 4am till 7pm and contracting strong every 3 mins the whole time! After waters were broken 3 hours till pushing then I pushed her out in 10 minutes! Woohoo! Hehe

0 to 3cm took me 18 hours
3 to 5cm took 4 hours
5cm to pushing took 10 hours
Pushing took 1 hour then after all that I was taken for a section lol.

As for the second, I'll let you know on a few days.... Really hoping I get a short labour this time to make up!

Officially from waters going to placenta being delivered was 19hrs. However it should have been much shorter than that. My contractions eased off in the car and took about an hour to return to what they were before.

8.5hrs into labour I was 5cms
12hrs I began to feel pressure to push, which I started to do about 45mins after.
I pushed for three hours and was then transferred and eventually we delivered in theatre after waiting for a slot. Placenta was delivered after having the jab pretty quickly.

I'd estimate it should have been closer to 12-13 hrs total had my son not got stuck.

Mild contractions from 11am. Went to hospital at 4pm and was 5cm, waters went at 10cm at 10.50pm. Pushed for around 1.5hrs (she was born at 00.28). Not too sure when placenta delivered as i ha bleeding complications post delivery and had around 1hr more of people with arms inside me trying to figure out why my uterus hadnt contracted and where all the blood was coming from.xx

My notes say I was in active labour for 91 minutes and pushing for 17 mins. I got my first contraction at about 10.30pm, went to hospital for about midnight and was told my contractions were very mild so it wouldn't be happening for a long time, OH got sent home from hospital only to be called as soon as he got home and had to come back. Baby was born half an hour later.

Shows what they know!

First labour:

4-10cm - 1hr 45 mins
Pushing - 11 minutes
Placenta - 2 minutes later

Second labour:

4cm to Placenta delivered - 9 minutes, 2 of which were pushing.

So yep, quick labours can get even quicker!

21 hrs from 2-10cm
3 hrs 41 mins pushing
47 mins for after birth but we had some problems.

1st Labour - Contractions started - waters broken by midwife 9 hours later, 9 hours later started pushing, pushed for 2.5 hrs - Baby born, placenta came away 5 mins later.

Waters broke - contractions started 40 mins later, 1hr 35 mins later began pushing... Pushed for 3 mins! :) Baby was born...Placenta took about 10 mins..

Completely different labours, completed different times... both amazing! Very blessed!

Was induced with my first. Had the pessary inserted at 4am Friday morning and Lily was born 7:49pm Saturday evening.

With my second, first contraction was at 1:30pm Monday afternoon and Connor was born 4:44am Tuesday morning - so 15hrs 14 mins. X

I've only had 1 labor, but here's how it went:

-1 of my waters broke at 4 pm
-No consistent contractions by 10 pm, so I was induced with pitocin and my other water was broken
-I got an epidural around 11 pm
-Contractions from 10 pm - 2:15 am (about 4 hours)
-Pushed from 2:15 - 3:33 when she was born! (about 1 hr)

My mom and her sister both had quick labors, so I was prepared for it to go quickly! 5 hours of labor went by in a flash, I'm worried what it will be like next time! My mom had both me and my brother within an hour of getting to the hospital...I was almost born in the car!

DD1 from first contraction to her being born 24 hours exactly
09.42am contractions started
4pm 3cm dilated
6am 8cm dilated
9.15am pushing
9.42am born

DD2 had mild and irregular contractions from my sweep at 11am was told baby wasn't ready and I wasn't even dilated and was thick and long!!
9.45pm waters broke and regular contractions started
12am 5cm dilated
2.10am 10cm and pushing
2.15am she was born
Placenta followed maybe 10-15 mins after as didn't have the injection
So I count it all in all around 4-5 hours which was nice and quick

First labour:

4-10cm - 1hr 45 mins
Pushing - 11 minutes
Placenta - 2 minutes later

Second labour:

4cm to Placenta delivered - 9 minutes, 2 of which were pushing.

So yep, quick labours can get even quicker!

Can I ask, did you tear?? I know its common in quick labour to have severe tears! If not then I'm very envious lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->