How long will you breastfeed for?

I breastfed ds2 until he was 3and 3 months that was when he decided to self wean. I got pregnant whilst I was still feeding him (very often) and I had irregular periods. He carried in feeding throughout my pregnancy and we tandem fed for 9months.
I'm still feeding ds3 who is 14 months and plan to do so until he self weans

I want to continue for as long as she needs or wants to. It's lovely, and see it as her right.

I breast fed for 28 months, we stopped almost a month ago and glad I did! I actually wanted to stop around 2 but my son couldn't let go lol x

Breastfeeding continues to benefit both you and the nursling for as long as you breastfeed.

I nursed my son for 4 years and 7 months :)

At least one year hopefully, am slowly working on convincing OH that longer is better!

I plan on breast feeding for a year and I hope I make it! With my other row, I dried up by 6 months... :( I'm hoping I don't this time

i stopped BFing my 18 month old at just 2months (due to hospital advice and other issues the cropped up ) & i kick myself everyday wishing i had been able to stick to it for longer .. so fingers crossed when this little chub arrives i am able to do it for a little while longer as i would really like to feel like a BFing mama :) ..

question, did/does anyone have a partner who supports breastfeeding, just not in public as has a fear of someone other than him seeing my breasts ( not like i would be just whipping them out for the fun of it) i mean my OH supports my decision to BF, just has total freak out at the thought of anyone catching a glimpse of the wrong side of my boob haha! .. how do i reassure him or do i just need to tell him to just keep it to himself? HELP xx

My husband had the same bright idea - very happy for me to bf, only god forbid in public. Well, it lasted right about until we went out for the first time. He realised it was a choice between a hungry, screaming baby and his wife baring the breast and feeding the baby. (Not that I was going to let the baby go hungry, as you can imagine.) He even stood up for me later when we were separated and his dumb parents objected to me breastfeeding at a restaurant.

Still breastfeeding my almost 11 month old and plan to until he's at least a year - in truth I don't see us stopping then or anytime soon. He's having three feeds a day and I do think he'll probably drop to just bedtime and morning soon because he's not that interested in the afternoon one anymore. I love he closeness and the journey we've been on and I'm not ready for it to end anymore than he is. I might let him self wean, I'll see.

My periods aren't back yet and we're trying to conceive number 3. I figure it can't hurt to be trying because we might get lucky and get the first egg! I have been feeling cramps and twinges lately when I wasn't before so hopefully things are starting to kick in again.

As for husbands being 'funny' about nursing in public - mine was a bit worried about how others would react and was worried when I refused to use a cover. I use two tops so you can't see a thing and after a couple of times when nobody batted an eyelid at it he quickly got over it :thumbup: Do it discreetly enough and it'll probably be absolutely fine. Make him allow you to demonstrate how easy it is!

William was breastfed for 4 years, then a few months after pumped for him. So I say 4.5 years.

Alex is 3, still breastfed.

Myles still breastfeed.

Self weaners is what i go for.

I only managed 4months with my son due to difficulties however this time it seems to be a breeze (fingers crossed!)...Im aiming for anything between 6-12months x

I've made it to 1 y/o with all of my previous children, then switched to regular milk. I won't this time, she's my last and I want to do it for as long as we both want. And as a family, we have given up dairy so I think breast milk will have more nutrients than almond or hemp milk.

i stopped BFing my 18 month old at just 2months (due to hospital advice and other issues the cropped up ) & i kick myself everyday wishing i had been able to stick to it for longer .. so fingers crossed when this little chub arrives i am able to do it for a little while longer as i would really like to feel like a BFing mama :) ..

question, did/does anyone have a partner who supports breastfeeding, just not in public as has a fear of someone other than him seeing my breasts ( not like i would be just whipping them out for the fun of it) i mean my OH supports my decision to BF, just has total freak out at the thought of anyone catching a glimpse of the wrong side of my boob haha! .. how do i reassure him or do i just need to tell him to just keep it to himself? HELP xx

My husband is very pro-bf, to the point of absolutely no formula, but he is always like, cover up! Cover up! Especially in public - he prefers me to go to the car or a private area, or he'll come over and cover me up to his liking lol...but even at home! Because we have 3 older boys, he's funny about it. I personally think its healthy for the older boys to see breasts in a non sexual way, that they are made to feed babies, but my husband doesn't. So, I am pretty discreet with nursing, all the time...I just do what he wants because baby doesn't mind being covered and it's easier than arguing over it lol

My first baby I nursed for only 6 months, 2nd baby 15months exclusively. I weaned her 3 weeks before I got pregnant with my 3rd baby(who is now 4 days old).
Nurse however long you choose to! When it comes to getting pregnant again, nursing generally doesn't cause an issue in preventing pregnancy. Like I said I for pregnant 3 weeks after weaning my daughter and at that point had only gotten about 4 periods total in the 15 months since I had, had her! So for me personally there wasn't an issue. In fact it happened literally in one try! With my baby now(4daysold) I will nurse or at least 15-18 months.

However long she wants :)
my oldest went 18 months and so far my youngest is 26 1/2 months and still nursing around 6+ times a day at the very least. Still nursing to sleep and wakes up once a night for some. I've always believed strongly in self weaning.

My first was about ten months. He wasn't interested so I stopped offering and he didn't ask. I am just taking it a bit at a time, I imagine somewhere around a year.

Still going at 3 yrs while pregnant with #2. We're cutting down feeds at the moment as it's become painful for me in the last few weeks, but I expect to be tandem nursing come November. We'll see! I don't think there's an age children should be weaned by. It's all a matter of social context; in Mongolia they consider the longer the better and have a saying that all the best wrestlers breastfed until age 7...

Breastfeeding absolutely made TTC#2 difficult. I didn't have periods until 19 months, then they were irregular for nearly a year. We TTC from 14 months for a year with no luck, then stopped trying due to work issues. I fell pregnant immediately when we stopped preventing 6 months later. I was in a position where I could be patient and allow nature to decide when the next baby should come, and am delighted with the timing in the end. However, had I been in a hurry (e.g. if I were older) I'd have had to seriously consider weaning at around 2 if not before.

I wasn't able to feed my first due to lack of knowledge, support and guidance. I ended up with mastitis twice which killed my supply.
I said I would never feed my second longer than 3 months, if I managed to at all, but that's now been & gone and I can't see us stopping anytime soon xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->