How long would teething last...

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
until the first tooth come out? it seems like a long time for my LO. Now he tries to put the whole hand or two in his mouth and he rub his gum so hard, and this few days he keeps waking up a couple of times after i gave him last feed and put him down (then i had to comfort feed him to sleep)

Apparently it can last for months unfortunately :( Hannah started teething over a month ago and it was really bad, it's eased off some but we still don't have a tooth :wacko:

Dec started teething at 2 months but didnt get a tooth until 7 months !! It can take a while hun xx

Dec started teething at 2 months but didnt get a tooth until 7 months !! It can take a while hun xx

:huh:really? LO also started teething at 2 months old as well and that;s almost 2 months already
thought he might bite his hands off one day because he;s teething quite bad this week and eating his hands all day and he cries almost every day:rofl:
does this mean this naughty tooth will hurt him for while before it comes out:cry:
poor baby

It can go on for ages, He might have two or three coming up at once, My little boy had none for ages and then two top and two bottom came through.

Have you tried some stuff to ease it, we used to use anbusol, get it from pharmacy and it worked wonders!

about a month and a half for us! maybe a little longer as he was showing signs of teething earlier but it's only been upsetting him since he was 3 months.

It can go on for ages, He might have two or three coming up at once, My little boy had none for ages and then two top and two bottom came through.

Have you tried some stuff to ease it, we used to use anbusol, get it from pharmacy and it worked wonders!

i use Bongela and calpol, doesn't seem to help as much as i expected,my silly singing seem to calm him down better:dohh:
going to look for anbusol tomorrow,not sure if they sell it here

Katie teethed badly for 5-6 months before she cut her first tooth but it didn't stop there:dohh: We are having very bad days at the minute:cry:

:hugs:

I know exactly how u feel as we are going through the exact same thing. Nothing i try seems to help him. We have had a particularly bad day with Toby today, he has cried on and off all day!!! Putting both hands in his mouth and rubbing his gums really hard. He sometimes pushes his hands in so far he nearly makes himself sick. He is not eating properly which is not like him and he brings up milk quite a bit too which he never used to do. My happy baby is not very happy at the moment!!

Took so long for Caitlins first tooth to show - she still only has 2 now (just)!

I know exactly how u feel as we are going through the exact same thing. Nothing i try seems to help him. We have had a particularly bad day with Toby today, he has cried on and off all day!!! Putting both hands in his mouth and rubbing his gums really hard. He sometimes pushes his hands in so far he nearly makes himself sick. He is not eating properly which is not like him and he brings up milk quite a bit too which he never used to do. My happy baby is not very happy at the moment!!

aaw... he put his hand in his mouth too far and made himself sick a few times,horrible. i even sing the "naughty tooth:dohh:" song for him now to put him to sleep

Hopefully we may both see some naughty teeth come through soon. If u want to exchange info u know where I am. He He. Or if u find something that works let me know!!!!!

Hi,
New to this, but does anybody have any ideas why our baby son, is waking up every night ??,
He has been a prety good sleeper, and when you take him to bed, normally he would drop off to sleep by himself,
We occasionally had the odd few nights he would wake during the night, but we would just go in and give him is dummy, and he would turn over and go back to sleep, But...
This started about 5 weeks ago,
He would wake up and start crying,he wouldnt go back down to sleep,
He gets very hot,and sometimes it takes ages to calm him down ,
We took him to the doctors a few weeks ago, as he touches the back of his neck, and when he rubs it, it goes bright red and blotchy,
The doctor said it was a type of ecxma (cant spell it !!), and gave us some cream to rub on it, but to be honest, hasnt stopped him touching it,
But my wife is concerned that there may be more to it, as there is nothing on his neck, but does touch it, and then it turns red, or if hes been running around in the day and gets hot, it will turn red,
But back to my question,With this and waking up basically all night everynight, we are wondering if our son is teething also ??,
He is 22 months old,
He wakes up crying and even trembling/shaking sometimes ,
With a high temperture
Sometimes he will go back down to sleep,Other times he wont, and takes ages to calm him down,
Just the look at his cot he cries ( sometimes )
He as had a cold,for a couple of weeks,
So basically is he teething ?,
My wife thinks perhaps its his 4 main maulers that are coming through ?,
Would this last for 5 weeks or more,
Obviously his cold doesnt help,
The issue with his Neck,
And basically he hasnt eaten for the 4-5 weeks,
Any advice / ideas
Mark..

Hi,
New to this, but does anybody have any ideas why our baby son, is waking up every night ??,
He has been a prety good sleeper, and when you take him to bed, normally he would drop off to sleep by himself,
We occasionally had the odd few nights he would wake during the night, but we would just go in and give him is dummy, and he would turn over and go back to sleep, But...
This started about 5 weeks ago,
He would wake up and start crying,he wouldnt go back down to sleep,
He gets very hot,and sometimes it takes ages to calm him down ,
We took him to the doctors a few weeks ago, as he touches the back of his neck, and when he rubs it, it goes bright red and blotchy,
The doctor said it was a type of ecxma (cant spell it !!), and gave us some cream to rub on it, but to be honest, hasnt stopped him touching it,
But my wife is concerned that there may be more to it, as there is nothing on his neck, but does touch it, and then it turns red, or if hes been running around in the day and gets hot, it will turn red,
But back to my question,With this and waking up basically all night everynight, we are wondering if our son is teething also ??,
He is 22 months old,
He wakes up crying and even trembling/shaking sometimes ,
With a high temperture
Sometimes he will go back down to sleep,Other times he wont, and takes ages to calm him down,
Just the look at his cot he cries ( sometimes )
He as had a cold,for a couple of weeks,
So basically is he teething ?,
My wife thinks perhaps its his 4 main maulers that are coming through ?,
Would this last for 5 weeks or more,
Obviously his cold doesnt help,
The issue with his Neck,
And basically he hasnt eaten for the 4-5 weeks,
Any advice / ideas
Mark..

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Try posting a thread asking your questions and you'll probably get some replies, people might not see it unless they happen to read this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->