How long would you wait for payment on ebay?

T

Toms Mummy

So there's a pram on Ebay that I would love to get a it's an absolute bargain! Problem is it's on as buy it now, so it could go at any minute, and I don't get paid until tuesday!

Do you think it's okay to buy it but not pay for 5 days? Or is this unreasonable?

The seller has it on for 29day buy it now.

I wouldn't unless you want bad feedback. People get really annoyed if you take your time paying. I always pay right away and if someone takes more than a day or two to pay me then I start to assume they have changed their minds and disappeared - which has happened and then you need to raise an issue/investigation with eBay. However if you are paying with Paypal it doesn't come out of your account right away. Can you not borrow the money from someone till Tuesday?

You can't be given back feedback as a buyer by a seller on eBay. They also have upto 7 days before any non paying despite can be opened as per their rules of business unless its an immediate payment required.

Email the seller first and ask if its ok to pay on Tuesday. I've had this a handful if times when selling something and always been happy to accept the bid.

Thank you for your replies. I've had a look on their website and sellers can open up a dispute within 2 days of the sale!

I have always paid withing the 1st hour or buying on ebay so, like Missy says, if it was the other way around I'd start to get anxious that they weren't going to pay!

You're right Eliis, I will drop the seller and email 1st and see if they're happy with a later payment.

Thanks x

Good luck. Hope you get the pram x

I agree with ellismum its normally 7 days and i have had a few people not pay and i could not leave bad feedback. What i would do is contact the seller and let tge know the situation and see what they suggest. Hope you get it x

You have 7 days!
Msg the seller and tell them you will pay on tuesday,im sure its fine.

Even if a seller has "payment within 2 days or blah blah blah" On the listing it's completely irrelevant as they have to adhere to eBay guidelines of 7 days. I avoid these sellers myself, . Of course there is always the instant payment required on some BIN auctions but these are few and far between.

I hope the seller is amenable to letting you pay next week.

I would be a annoyed if it was a buy it now that you hadn't payed straight away, however if you sent an email before I would be fine. hope you get your bargain!

not read other replies but im an ebay seller & quite often people message me & ask if they buy it now & pay in a few days time. i dont mind doing that aslong as they dont want pay in say 4 weeks time on payday. xx

I agree that you should message the seller! It drives me mad when some one uses the buy it now and doesn't tell me they can't pay for a week! I always think they have changed their mind!

I've just sold a buggy on ebay (yesterday) for £75 buy it now. It's collection only and cash on collection.
As soon as the buyer bought it, I message to see when she wanted to collect it and I've heard nothing since.
Well annoying!
xx

Even if a seller has "payment within 2 days or blah blah blah" On the listing it's completely irrelevant as they have to adhere to eBay guidelines of 7 days. I avoid these sellers myself, . Of course there is always the instant payment required on some BIN auctions but these are few and far between.

I hope the seller is amenable to letting you pay next week.

The seller hasn't stated that they want a quick payment, just that I was looking on ebay policy about payment times and it says they can open a dispute from 2 days, which seems quite premature to me.

Thanks for your replies! I've not managed to email the seller yet as haven't had a chance, but will do :) It's still on there so finger's crossed :)

I agree message the seller. Im sure they will be flexible. I had the same happen to me over a dress i had on for sale. It really annoyed me when i said it was fine and then when she was due to pay it she messaged me to say she couldnt afford it!!! I was raging!!! Fortunately i sold it to the next highest bidder.

On Buy It Now items, a seller can opt for immediate payment, I.e. if you don't pay immediately after clicking Buy It Now, then it will remain for sale on eBay.

If you're messaging the seller first, she may be able to take this option off (if she chose it in the first place :) )

Good luck!

msg seller and say ull pay tuesday.iv had people do this with me and iv been fine about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->