• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long

Those of you who breastfeed while pregnant: Had your periods returne before you got pregnant again? I know you can get pregnant whilst breastfeeding, (despite old wives tales) but do your periods have to have returned? I didn't go back on pill until about 8 months after giving birth and I still hadn't had a period by that point. I've now come off the pill again - still breastfeeding -and no period yet.

This is not an old wives tale.

If you do ecological breastfeeding (or something similar), your body will go into lactation amenorrhea and you will be statistically speaking - 98% effective against conception for the first 6 months. But it takes some discipline to do, and it may last longer than 6 months.

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/birth-control/BI99999/PAGE=BI00030

Not all women can go into lactation amenorrhea (I didn't with first, but didnt' really try either.)

As to your question, no your period does not have to return for you to ovulate and then become pregnant. The first time you ovulate after being on the pill may be prior to a period.

Watch your fertility signs they will indicate when your body is getting ready to ovulate.

Hey thanks for that.

Well my son is 13 months so I think I've passed that stage....

What are fertility signs????

Hey thanks for that.

Well my son is 13 months so I think I've passed that stage....

What are fertility signs????

Lactation amenorrhea can last as long as you breastfeed. The studies cited just reference the 6 month period.

Fertility signs are things like cervical mucous, cervical position, basal body temperature, etc. If you are interested in fertility signs, please pick up the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's a great resource for someone just getting started, and it has a lot of great information about a woman's fertility cycle.

:hug:

I think I was put down to an old wifes tail, as you never know prior if you will ovulate and your period will return!

means, you never can be certain with this method as it might not work for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->