• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long

mickey

Reaction score
for how long are you planning to breastfeed/for how long did you breastfeed?

thx :hi:

I breastfed my daughter fully for 6 weeks until the HV told me she was too skinny and to supplement - stupid moo. She then had part formula and part breast until 6 months.

My son I breast-fed fully until 10 months.

My sister is still feeding her daughter every now and then and she is 4 in April!! (She also has a 7 month baby)

Fed Seren for 20 months,was sad when she decided to stop. This baby, I am just going to see how it goes :)

I would like to for 3 or 4 months. Maybe 5 but I'm not sure. 3 minimum though if I can.

i fed for 10 month, then had to stop as my milk stopped due to pregnancy :D then only managed about 3-4 month with callum

i guess a year or so, im not really keen on seeing two and three year olds nursing but maybe ill change my mind.

do they not start to bite once they have teeth :baby:

They bite even when they don't have teeth! :lol:

BF dd#1 till she was 6 months... would like to go longer with this one 12-24 months for sure.

I breastfed Olivia for 18 months. Agree with Helen they can bite without teeth! Having teeth doesn't interfere with the latch and the teeth are well out of the way, Olivia starting getting teeth at 4 months old.

This time I have no idea how long, I'll see how it goes.

Sam has just turned 1 and still going strong. Back at work so mainly only his night feeds and at weekends. I've no idea how long I'll go on for. He's still a dinky thing (only 17lb 7 oz). He's recently started waking up loads at night and sometimes it's 3 hours later before he goes back down. Everyone at work keeps telling me not to give him booby but to leave him to cry it out or give him water! ;o(

I didn't imagine I'd still be feeding at 1. He has 4 teeth and occasionally bites down but a quick yelp from me makes him stop. Actually, when he was teething it was worse as he would use them as soothers practically and for a few weeks before his bottom two came in my poor nipples were chaffed to bits. Probably nothing compared to teething pain though!

Interested to chat to anyone who has breastfed through a pregnancy? Do the breasts produced colostrum again when you give birth?

DD is now just 12 months and I still feed her morning & night and then mid morning & mid afternoon @ weekends.

Plan to stop at 18 months of before if she loses interest. Might change my mind when the time comes.:dohh:

i plan for 12 months but we'll see when the time comes.

Sam has just turned 1 and still going strong. Back at work so mainly only his night feeds and at weekends. I've no idea how long I'll go on for. He's still a dinky thing (only 17lb 7 oz). He's recently started waking up loads at night and sometimes it's 3 hours later before he goes back down. Everyone at work keeps telling me not to give him booby but to leave him to cry it out or give him water! ;o(

I didn't imagine I'd still be feeding at 1. He has 4 teeth and occasionally bites down but a quick yelp from me makes him stop. Actually, when he was teething it was worse as he would use them as soothers practically and for a few weeks before his bottom two came in my poor nipples were chaffed to bits. Probably nothing compared to teething pain though!

Interested to chat to anyone who has breastfed through a pregnancy? Do the breasts produced colostrum again when you give birth?

I breastfed DD til 10.5 months, she weaned off herself because my milk dried up due to my pregnancy. Some women manage to breastfeed throughout pregnancy and tandem feed afterwards, but this wasn't to be for us.
DS is 12 months and weaned about a week ago, which surprised me as I thought we'd go longer than that. He just didn't want it anymore :(

Hi Cara

I bfed DD until she was 18mths at which point I made the decision to stop nursing as it was really really painful for me (I was 5 months pregnant at the time). Until I stopped nursing I was definitely producing milk and not colustrum but about a month after I stopped feeding DD I was in the bath and curiously squeazed and it was colustrum.

Those of you who breastfeed while pregnant: Had your periods returne before you got pregnant again? I know you can get pregnant whilst breastfeeding, (despite old wives tales) but do your periods have to have returned? I didn't go back on pill until about 8 months after giving birth and I still hadn't had a period by that point. I've now come off the pill again - still breastfeeding -and no period yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->