How many bottles a day does your LO have?

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
My HV said I needed to cut Chaise's bottles down as he was still on 6, along with 3 solid meals a day.

So I tried to cut out his lunch time bottle... nope he was desperatly hungry 2 hours later, despite having a sandwich, fruit and a jar and a half of food.

However, we have cut one out but it is his morning one, as he only seems to be using it as a drink and is quite happy with juice.

I'm just wondering what everyone else has done, and when and which bottles you have cut out :)

haha... luca has 7.... oye! every 2 hrs... then sleeps 11 hrs straight at night. he has reflux so we have to do it that way... usually 4 ounces per bottle. however.. i have to add 3 tbs rice cereal to thicken each bottle... so thats a ton! i think however many your boy wants he should have :thumbup: your doin great

At nearly 10 months, Elyse has 3-4 bottles per day. She only has a bottle when she wakes up in the morning, before her nap(s)- she naps at least once, no more than 2x per day- and before bed for the night now. They are usually 5-7oz.

Freya has 5 a day, all 8oz. One of those is during the night. She is 8 months ish.

Violet's 8 months and has 3 x 8oz and 3 meals a day (but we're BLW so cant compare to jars).

Currently Kian has 5/4 bottles each day of roughly 7oz (sometimes its 8oz and sometimes its less). I FOD and always offer slightly bigger bottles than he normally finishes incase he wants more (i try to recreate the supply and demand thing of BF with bottles so Kians in control of his intake)

i have alaways refused to control Kians milk intake- He's awlays drank less than 'guidlines' say he should even tho he has more of offer and i refuse to force feed him more just to meet guidelines! ( i offer him more but Kian makes it v clear when he;s had enough!) IMO i would let Kian drop a bottle and not force it... but then i'm doing BLW so i'm not 100% how it works when ur feeding jars etc. i believe babies know what they need so i'll let Kian decide how much milk and/or solids he needs. i would prob try offering water instead (incase its thirst rather than hunger) or not offering bottles but just leaving it until LO requests one... i wouldn't actually with hold bottles tho regardless of what HV told me....but thats just my feelings on it. u should do what ever u think is right. i have heard some barking advice from HV so i always do my own research and make my own mind up.

Austin only has 2 x 8oz bottles a day, one first thing, and one before bed. He has 3 meals a day as well.

we're still on 5 bottles a day and 3 meals. Between 5 - 7 oz, always offer 7 but he more often that not only drinks 5 or 6! Once bottle is still in the night

we BLW so also no idea how it compared to jars! Im the same opinion as purple_socks
I did BF on demand, and now I FF on demand and I will leave it up to joshua to tell me when he doesn't want milk

Alex has 3-4 bottles today normally 6-7oz he has them normally before meals and one before bed

:flower:

Alex has 3-4 bottles today normally 6-7oz he has them normally before meals and one before bed

:flower:

Emma has 4x8oz bottles a day, one before breakfast, one at 3pm, one before bed and one in the night x

Ellis has 4 x 7oz bottles a day and 3 meals, 1 when he wakes, 2 in between meals during the day and 1 before bed.

Josh has 3 bottles of 8-9oz a day and 3 meals a day at 8mons

3 meals a day and 3-4 bottles a day i give a 7oz bottle after food and 1 before bed sometimes he does not take the bottle after dinner though and about 4-8oz of water.

At 8 months Alex has 3 bottles a day, an 8ozs, 6ozs then 8ozs again and 3 meals a day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->