How many c-sections can someone have?

LilPeanuts

Reaction score
I've had 2 so far and we really want a big family. I've heard some can only have 3 c-sections? Has anyone also heard this? Do you know anyone who's had more safely? (I'm currently in my 2ww on 9 DPO and just doing some research to pass the time!)

My sister is 37 & she had her 4th csection last year in august, first 2 were ecs & last 2 were planned, all went fine ;)

As far as I know, the number of c-sections a woman has depends on the woman's overall health and the doctor. For instance, ever time they cut into you, they are cutting through muscle and these muscles can potentially weaken with each c-section. This could putt he mother at risk as well as any future pregnancies.

This being said, if a woman has one section, most doctors (from my understanding) will proceed to use c-section as the delivery method for the any pregnancy the woman has after the c-section.

In a nutshell: I would talk to your doctor about what he/she would recommend.

As PP, but the most C-sections I have heard of is 5. Hubby and his siblings :) She was advised against having more at 4, though.

I think a big issue regarding multiple c-sections is if the mother develops scar tissue. Each time she is cut open, scar tissue may form, and after multiple surgeries, there can be a huge build up of it that may require surgery to get rid of it. Is there a medical reason why you can't try VBAC? If you gave birth vaginally, it may increase your chances of being able to have more children in the future.

I've asked my doctor if I could ty vbac and she said it wouldn't be a safe idea to try it. She never really gave me an explanation and I just accepted her answers without questioning it. I definitely regret it now. Since I've already had 2 c-sections though, would vbac even be an option?

No, after 2 csections its too much risk & almost always planned csections, my susters 3-4th csections were planned because she slready had 2 ecs

There are a few doctors here that will do a Vba2c here (or VBAC-2).... if you are eligible for it would be determined case by case I imagine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->