How many centimeters dilated for water to break?

DS they didn't - he was born in them!!

DD they broke them at 7cm as my contractions were tailing off.

I was a 2 exactly 1 week before my waters started to leak. The doctor had said my water was bulging, but that doesn't mean an awful lot as to whether they will break soon. When I figured out I was leaking I was a 4 within the hour.

3 kids in, and my waters have never broken on their own. My first, the OB broke them at 10cm, my second, the student broke them at 7cm, and my midwife broke them at 7cm with my youngest too.

First time the mw broke them at 1cm (induction, to get things started)
My second labour, they broke whilst I was pushing

I'm 5cm now, nothing. So depressing lol. I must have waters of steel because they have been bulging for weeks!:dohh:

My waters broke in the middle of the night full of meconium so got to the hospital 30 mins later and was only 1cm.

My waters didn't break. My midwife broke them when I was 7cm because my labor stopped progressing.

With 1st DD at around 6-7 cm while laboring at the hospital,
2nd DD they ruptured them at 5 cm and I had her about 3 hrs later.
With DD 3 it was ruptured for me at 4 cm. No pain in my labor - didnt even know i was in labor- had her 4 hrs later.
with DD 4- my waters broke at 1 cm by itself during the day and had her via c section after midnight.

When My mom was pregnant with my little brother - she came home from the movies and was laughing and went to the bathroom and was continually laughing and stopped and said "Uhh ooh - i think my water broke because this is a really long pee" turns out it did and she was about 3 cm when she got to the hospital.

Yeah mine didn't break on it's own either and by the time I got to the hospital I was dilated to 10 and ready to start pushing. Sometimes it just doesn't happen for some reason. :shrug:

I was 10cm with all 3 of my babies when mine broke and I never had them broken for me last two babies they broke while pushing.

I'm not 100% sure how dilated I was because my waters went at home. A couple of hours later at hospital I was 5cm dilated. An hour later DD was delivered by EMCS.

First time they broke mine before pushing, 2nd time they broke naturally at 11pm and contractions began (weak) 16 hour labor, contractions finally sped up and became painful for the last 5 hours. Lo born 6.15pm

Mine went at home, woke me up actually. The moment my waters broke, the contractions hit hard and fast. Within 15 minutes I was in transition. When we got to the hospital, nearly an hour after waters breaking, I was 8cm dilated. DD was born less than 4 hours after they broke.

Mine went at home, woke me up actually. The moment my waters broke, the contractions hit hard and fast. Within 15 minutes I was in transition. When we got to the hospital, nearly an hour after waters breaking, I was 8cm dilated. DD was born less than 4 hours after they broke.

Oh no! You was in transition for 3 hours poor you! Transition was terrible for me and lasted almost 2 hours but felt like forever. Pushing was a piece of cake though and the stitches I couldn't care less lol

Hospital said i was 1cm on an examination. She said she had swept around whilst examining and pulled the plug out bleurgh. Anyway i got sent on my way, and then waters broke within an hour or so. Unfortunately they were green so got speeded up with a drip

Oh no! You was in transition for 3 hours poor you! Transition was terrible for me and lasted almost 2 hours but felt like forever. Pushing was a piece of cake though and the stitches I couldn't care less lol

I was pushing for over an hour as DD was back to back and she was turning in the birth canal. She came out facing the right way, but it meant the pushing stage was a lot harder than it should've been. If she'd been facing the right way from the start she would've been out an awful lot quicker.

Water broke at 10cm while pushing with second. First baby doc broke it. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->