How many cups of raspberry leaf tea?

Mazzymoo

Pregnant with first
Reaction score
How many cups should I have a day? I'm 37 weeks today :thumbup:

At that point with my first baby, I was drinking 4 cups a day and stuck with that amount until he was born at 38w3d. I did work up to this amount, though, starting with 1 cup at 30 weeks. If you're just starting out, you might wanna try one and see how it makes you feel and then have another later.

I've been having one every now and again! Want to make sure it works by taking it more regularly! Might try 2 today and gradually work up to 4 then :)

I've started having 1 cup per day in the past week or 2, will move it up to 2 next week though I think.

As many as you can!
I've been drinking a few cups a day since the start of the second tri. I know a lot of places tell you it's not safe until 32+ weeks but I have seen a few studies where women drank it from conception and there was no increase in miscarriage etc. Some even suggest its beneficial.
I swear by the stuff, honestly. My babies have been pushed out in 6,5 and 2 minutes - if that isn't strong uterine contractions - I don't know what is!
Now I make a teapot of it and drink as much as I can all day long. Maybe 4 cups?

I'm drinking 2 cups now and will be drinking 4 from 37 weeks. Build it up as soon as you can as it takes a bit of time to "train" your uterus. X

I'm taking 4 tablets a day I have heard the tablets are stronger x

I brought a box, had one cup and was in labour the next day :haha:

whats the tea for??? anything good?? never heard of it before, please let me know more info about it.

The loose tea leaves are meant to be the strongest (but they taste foul), then the tea bags, and then the capsules least potent. I'm not sure why.

whats the tea for??? anything good?? never heard of it before, please let me know more info about it.

Raspberry leaf tea has been proven to facilitate labour by helping the muscles of your uterus to contract. Drinking this tea in the weeks before delivery (but not before 30 weeks) can help shorten the second stage of labour (great!). It also appears to reduce the risk of having an assisted delivery.

Oh and its not something you can just pick up from the supermarket, I looked everywhere but found it at Holland and Barrets. I guess any herbal type store will sell it.

The loose tea leaves are meant to be the strongest (but they taste foul), then the tea bags, and then the capsules least potent. I'm not sure why.

Oh really! I always thought the tablets were stronger. Not sure I can stomach the tea!
I'm convinced it helped me have a quick labour last time! Fingers crossed for the same x

Raspberry leaf tea has been proven to facilitate labour by helping the muscles of your uterus to contract. Drinking this tea in the weeks before delivery (but not before 30 weeks) can help shorten the second stage of labour (great!). It also appears to reduce the risk of having an assisted delivery.

Oh and its not something you can just pick up from the supermarket, I looked everywhere but found it at Holland and Barrets. I guess any herbal type store will sell it.

Oh thank you very much for the info. That's def. good to know!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->