How many diapers to take to birth center?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
The midwives at my birth center do not provide diapers, how many should I pack in our labor bag? As long as all goes well and baby and I are doing good we'll be sent home 4-6 hours after birth.

I just packed the diaper bag, and I'm going to bring that. Granted I'll be in the hospital for a few days (I think 48hrs due to GBS) and our hospital provides diapers. My sister in law bought a small pack of diapers for a baby shower game so I have some in the emergency car kit (has spare everything incase you forget to restock the diaper bag one day) and the rest in the diaper bag.

I'd be overly cautious and bring 6-8 diapers in a diaper bag. Good luck!

Good idea on having a spare small pack in the car! I think I'll do that for emergencies :) Maybe I'll pack 10 diapers in the diaper bag just in case lol, I'd rather have too many than not enough.

I packed a little pack of them, with my DD I stayed in over night so I was glad I had plenty just incase :)

I've packed 10 in our bag then I will have more in the emergency bag xx

If we get transferred to hospital for some reason they will provide diapers, but I'll still have some in our car just in case :thumbup: Exciting times packing these things! How many receiving blankets and burp clothes should I have on hand?

I've packed 6. My thinking is to leave more in car, so if needed can be got, but no point in taking in in first instance.

I didn't even think of burp clothes!

I think I have 1 blanket in bag and 1 in the car kit. I think I'll do 2 burp clothes in diaper bag and 2 in the car kit.

Oh wow, you get to go home so soon?! Lucky!
I'd take in about 8, and leave a full pack in the car. I see that's what you already decided on doing :)

I didn't even think of burp clothes!

I think I have 1 blanket in bag and 1 in the car kit. I think I'll do 2 burp clothes in diaper bag and 2 in the car kit.

Ah I should pack a warm blanket or two:dohh: Gosh this whole packing while pregnant is nuts lol

Oh wow, you get to go home so soon?! Lucky!
I'd take in about 8, and leave a full pack in the car. I see that's what you already decided on doing :)

To be honest I kind of wish we could stay the night somewhere, coming home the same day as giving birth kind of scares me. But the midwives at the birth center feel we heal and bond better at home, and they're only a phone call away. We also live super close to a hospital so *if* Heaven forbid anything went wrong once sent home we would be near good hands.

I'm going to pack two blankets, I bought a gorgeous soft one the other day, it's lovely! But I'm also going to pack a spare one just incase of any sick or pool that may get on it :haha:

I would probably take 2-3, and just send someone home for more if I needed them. Not much comes out from their bottom end at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->