How many dirty diapers?

vitabrevis

Reaction score
My LO is now 2 weeks old and he poops constantly. I mean we have a poopy diaper after every feed and sometimes before as well. He has about 12 a day... is that too many? My pediatrician he needs 4 or 5 right now. Should I be worried?

Not at all, sounds like he is getting lots of milk so that's great. Some babies go at every feed to begin with as the milk is like a laxative to them. I usually calms down at around six weeks.

Are the poos yellow?x

It took about 3 weeks before DS stopped pooping after each and every feed.

My lo was exactly the same by 6 weeks she was finally down to about 4 a day. As long as they're yellow and seedy it's perfectly fine.

My ds is 4 weeks and poos before, during and after every feed...and he feeds a lot! We go through sooooo many nappies!

His older brother was the same though and it did gradually get less. Xx

Devyn pooped at every feed until he was about 6 weeks, now he's down to 5 or 6 a day

My lg has only done about 12 poops since birth and she is 22 days old.

I've been getting at least 6-8 a day. I'm happy to see this is normal. :)

My LO is now 2 weeks old and he poops constantly. I mean we have a poopy diaper after every feed and sometimes before as well. He has about 12 a day... is that too many? My pediatrician he needs 4 or 5 right now. Should I be worried?

I always found that the diaper counts they asked about were really low. Now, this might seem odd to some, but one way to reduce dirty diapers is to nurse your son while holding him bare-bummed, over a container. Standing over the bathroom sink works well. In the beginning, babies poop while breastfeeding and this can interfere with feeding. Then they poop after they feed, and then eventually, there's a delay between feeding and pooping. If they are being nursed while being held over a container, they can poop while feeding, without the dirty diaper interrupting their feeding. Then when pooping follows feeding, it can help to either have them bare-bummed to start with or, if you can get the timing right, to pull the diaper off after the feeding and allow them to poop into a container. Believe me, catching poop in a container is a LOT easier and less messy than keeping the diaper on all the time. As the baby gets older and there begins to be a delay, you may or may not be able to "catch" the poop. One thing you can do, however, to reduce the mess is to take the diaper off as soon as you notice your baby is pooping. This will mean less poop squished all over the place. It can be a lot less messy. I did this with Violet and plan to do it with my next. We actually did EC but the above advice could be used for anyone, not just ECers.

Up till about 10 weeks we had around 10 a day whether full on poops or sharts. Prob 4-5 now. Completely normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->