How many do you have coming for Christmas dinner?

DanielleM

Reaction score
I have 8 people coming for Christmas dinner and a dining table that seats 6 :wacko::wacko:

I'm thinking the 6 adults on the big table and a small kiddie table next to the dining table for the 5&3 year old. Otherwise it will be a big squeeze on the big table but I have done it before. Decisions decisions. At Christmas I always wish I had a bigger house, like the home alone house :haha::haha::haha:

Aw, hehe! Good luck. I have an extra four coming, so a table for 7 and a baby. My first time hosting so i'm very glad I can drink alcohol this year :haha:

We are staying at home and no guests this year so I'll just be cooking for two adults and two kids so it should be pretty simple :)

We are going to my mums. There will be 9 of us around the table which only has 6 chairs. Scarlett will be in her high chair on one corner and an extra chair will go on the other corner.

Glad I'm not doing it in my house, there would literally be no room!

Just the MIL and her husband so far so 6 total but we might end up having a friend or two drop by as well.

There's three coming so 6 people in total. First time hosting here too - panicking!
I've had to buy a fold up table and chairs specially because I have no extra space at all, we're going to be sat in the living room :haha:

I've bought fold out wooden chairs :haha: argh! What can go wrong?!

My best memory of xmas was sitting at the wallpaper pasting table in my nans room!

Just 5 of us this Christmas, me, OH, Daniel, Declan and MIL, our grandchild will be here for dinner too but cant really count him as he wont be eating lol

5 of us plus another 4 probably. On a table for 4! Ha ha. I've squished 6 seats round it and will get the kiddie table out

Got my parents and my inlaws coming this year so there will be 6 adults and our almost 3 year old and 8 month old. Looking forward to it!

Was just us four but BIL and his g/f are coming now. They usually go away but can't this year. Should be nice, the men will be in the kitchen doing the cooking :)

This year first year ever it is just going to be the 4 of us.. It will be nice :)

6 adults and 2 kids. Luckily my table is an expandable one so sits 8 comfortable but I have squeezed 12 before. My issue is a lack of chairs we only have 6. Me and OH are going to end up on the computer chair and the piano stall.

We have 8-10. 6 of those being ourselves and the boys. Then Mil and BIL are definitely coming. Sil asked if she could come and we said yes then she said to BIL "i hear you and mum are going to John and Kayleigh's" so I'm not sure what she is doing and if you ask she'll freak out. Bils son lives with him now (20 and moved from Bils ex's to Bils a few months ago) he doesn't know if his presence is required at his mum's or if he can come with his dad to ours. Our table seats 6, but we have a folding table in the kitchen so with drag that in and bring down the computer chairs from the bedrooms so that is 3 extra seats and then the way we laid the tables out last year (we had 11 last year but ds4 was in a high chair) meant that one person was able to sit on the end of the sofa (L shaped sofa, when lined up with the tables the over all shape is a lower case h) we will seat adult, child, adult, child so everyone is mixed in together and keep Mil and sil at opposite ends

We are going to my mum and dad's this year. There'll be ten adults, a seven month old, a one month old and three dogs so pretty manic. I come from a family of eight (my parents, myself and five sisters) so we've always been used to big dinners - even on regular days - before DH, BIL and two kids appeared! Don't envy my mum though having to cook for us although we'll all help out a bit. The dinner table will be quite a tight squeeze though!

We are only hosting breakfast, so my partner, myself, our one year old, my mum and dad, grandpa, and my sister.

For dinner we will be going to my partners parents so us three, his mum and dad, his sister, bil and their two kids, and his gran.

We are doing Christmas dinner again on boxing day with my parents so the sane as for Christmas breakfast. Not sure if we will host or they will.

There will be 14 of us. Me, OH, our 3 children (6, 4 and 8 weeks). My sister and her husband and 4 kids (11, 10, 6, 5). My brother, and my mum and dad! I can't wait, I love it, and inalways think cooking a Christmas dinner is almost the same for 20 people as it is for 4, just more potatoes to be peeled!

My dad is bringing the gammon and my sister is bringing soup to start and a dessert.

We have a lovely big dining room that will seat us all easily, we only use it once a year so looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->