How many inserts?

kglo

Mum of 3 Boys
Reaction score
Hi All,

I took the plunge and brought some BG V3's.

How many inserts do you use in yours for daytime use and how many for night time use?

Do I need to buy more that what was supplied with the nappy? It came with a newborn insert and one larger insert.

i use one for they daytime, don't use them at night. I've never needed to add to them for daytime use.

I only ever use the ones that mine came with too :) I use both for day and bever use them at night x

DD is 42 wks and she's using both inserts for day time. That lasts her for 3 hrs but could probably get away with the one size insert but probably won't last as long, maybe 2 hrs or so. It's also our night time nappy and it lasts her for 12 hrs. I use both plus a hemp insert. We haven't had any leaks and she sleeps on her tummy! Hope that helps :)

I've had some leaks recently using just the large insert that came with them, so I add a Little Lamb bamboo booster underneath as well now, and so far so good. Also yesterday I decided to try out a Pop-in dri night booster in a BG V3 and it worked really well. I wouldn't use them at night myself, I have to remember he has one on and change him sooner than I would because they don't (or didn't when unboosted) last nearly as long as my LLs and TBBs.

If we use both boosters, one will last Leyla three or four hours. I've never tried overnight because Leyla wees an awful lot overnight so they would need boosting ridiculously!

this is where I ont get BGV3s! the ones I had would only do Theo to hours with both inserts in and they were sodden. Hed not have gone 4 hours in them without hemp/bamboo boosters in....yet hes only a light wetter and can go 3/4 hours in a fitted HL without a wrap on!

Lylah isn't a heavy wetter but the large insert will last her 3 hours during the day, I have only used it at night once but we used both inserts and she went 10 hours. It was sodden when I took it off her though, hence why I no longer use them at night lol

Thanks girls, It seems like I need to experiment a little to find what suits my baby best.

Thank You

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->