how many internal vag exams have you had??

L

larudy13

just wondering how many times your OB/MW has checked you internally and why. just out of curiousity. Mine only has 1 time and I am 25 weeks, just wondering if its going to happen again also because I'm not too fond of those visits :blush:

I've had a lot of internal exams before baby at the fertility docs, but only had one since at my first 10 week appt. It's always surprising at each appt when they don't now after having one at every single pre-baby appt.

You won't have another until the baby is born to see if your dilated or if you catch a STI. I have had only 1 but i have to have my next one next month and another on 36 weeks to make sure my STI is completely gone. Internal exams are horrible. :\

Only 1 is normal during pregnancy until you get to the end when they check you for dilation, also they will do a swab around 36 weeks (forget exactly when?) for strep b.

Just one for me at my first dr appt when they did a pap smear (ouch!). I'm very happy for that to be limited! Shaving is such a pain now.

Only the pap, and that test where they stick a test strip up there to make sure you are not losing fluid.

Only one so far, but I'm going to have another one in a week because my pap came back abnormal :(

So far only one... but I know I'll have more to check dilation and effacement (yes, even this early on).

I have had only 1 and it was just a culture to check for STD. Doc said she would not do another till after baby was born but I will be asking for one before delivery as to check for STD again so there are no complications with my birthing plan.don't get me wrong I will again be neg for STD but need the test for legal reason as to cover my self and my birth plan because baby will not get erythromycin ointment in her eyes! Dh and are monogamous to eachother! Lol just wanted to clear that up!

Only one so far, but I'm going to have another one in a week because my pap came back abnormal :(

Aww, hope things are ok. I was diagnosed with CIN III a few years ago and had treatment, fingers crossed ok since. Try not to worry too much, it is treatable. :)

I dont think we have them here do we? I cant recall the midwife ever doing one until the end of pregnancy for a sweep or to check dilation?

I dont think we have them here do we? I cant recall the midwife ever doing one until the end of pregnancy for a sweep or to check dilation?

no i don't think they are done as routine here until near the end x

I had so many internal exams at the fertility clinic that I am almost over feeling embarrassed. Almost. But apart from that, since I got pregnant I haven't had one unless you count the first trans-vaginal ultra sound at 7 weeks 5 days. Also I used to get a pap smear every year cause that is the norm in Switzerland. But luckily there it is with a proper gynae and not just a nurse or GP which made it marginally more acceptable lol

No, we don't have them in pregnancy here as a routine thing. I'd be refusing it if we did! I'm not sure I'll be having any while I'm in labour this time yet either.

None here either, they aren't standard practise in the UK until you get to full term. The booking blood test covers a number of STIs anyway.

I had two. One when my OB did the internal echo at my 5w6d appointment.
And then another at 6w6d to check for bleeding.

They only check if theres something wrong here. I had them done with my first when I thought I was in labour and it hurt. Second time around I was asked when I was over due did they want them to check was I near gone and I refused, you dont have to have them. In labour I was checked and wasnt amused at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->