How many IVF's before BFP?

Hubby and i are going to start our first IVF next year and we are only going to go for one try....and go from there hoping itll take the first time...so im interested in seeing how this poll turns out.

I had bfp first time but ended in chemical. 9 eggs collected, 8 mature, 7 fertilised, 3 to 5 day blastocyst, 1 transferred 2 frozen, chemical discovered at 6 week scan. Currently awaiting af to start fet, if both survive the thaw will have a det this time. Dreaming of twins.

I have just got my BFP on my 3rd fresh cycle :D ! 5weeks + 2days hoping for a sticky bubba :) x

3rd time lucky for me!!
Never thought it would happen tbh and it was our last shot at it as we had to pay as dh has a son. But it worked and she is currently asleep in my arms! This is the hardest journey u will ever go on but so worth it in the end! :)
Wishing u all the happiest of outcomes!
Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks I hope you're right! i Hope my time will come too.
I know this may be my last, final shot so that makes me so nervous.
I wont be able to have babies anymore unless it's through IVF.
At the same time I am kinda excited thinking next year I'll be pregnant.
I mean my chances with IVF should be really good.

i would also say before starting really up your vitiamins protien everything no junk loads of green tea , milk

also make sure that your docter puts you on progestrone + estrogen for after egg collection not just progestrone

also ask your docter about taking low does asprin

maybe get immune testing done before hand so you can deal with that 1st without paying 20,000+ too find out you need steriod during treatment x

hey Bettty!
Oh I'm already on lots of suppliments including Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture. Lot's going on over here lol.
OK I'll mention the estrogen too.
My RE says it's a no brainer to use aspirin. to which its going to upset my stomach. BUUUUT oh well.

Yep I've have the immune system test. I've had like every test under the moon!

Glad you have had all the tests !!! watch out with Chinese stuff tho

Defo estrogen tho think that's why this cycle has worked ;)

My tummy has been okay with aspirin !

I took 50mg b6 & 800mg frolic acid along with 4 Brazil nuts & walnuts everyday and pineapple core from transfer don't know if it made it work but I had my best cycle yet xxxx

I also did the pineapple core after transfer for 5 days, and my little man is fast asleep next to me :)

I'm opting for Acupuncture right before & after my transfer so I should be OK. There's a lot of positive outcome using Acupuncture. Plus I'm doing Acu for months leading up to IVF.

Acc is good just no dodgy Chinese meds or herbs my clinic give me a list off some that people were taking and messed. Up there cycle acc is good :) ! Xxx

I agree with bettybee, my clinic is against Chinese herbs as they seem to be making you grow more follicles which turn out to be empty – not great for IVF. I was on weekly acu and Chinese herbs (twice a day) for about a year but unfortunately it did not make much difference. clotting disappeared which is great but the herbs made me O very early and it only got back to normal after I stopped everything. Lots of people had very positive outcomes after acu but it just does not work for everyone.

Strange. I've had good experience with Chinese Herbs & my clinic said nothing bad about it at all. Also, my periods & cycles have become more normal.
I think everyone experiences some thing different.

Is that the cycle that worked for you? When you did acupuncture during IVF transfer?

Yep! I did it the day before transfer and straight after transfer then went home and rested for the rest of the day :)

I know this is an old post, but just wanted to add my two cents for more stats! So, we retrieved 26 (yes, 26!) friggan embryos! I felt SO sick for SO long. And we were able to freeze 9. All survived to 5 day freeze. We transferred and AA embryo and baam! Hallelujah!!! It felt like such a miracle with all we had been through with unexplained infertility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->