How many of u plan to ttc at a later date?

josephine3

Reaction score
Hi guys i just thought this might be interesting... I am ntnp since last june, however if no success by sept i hope we will start to think about ttc a bit more and atually 'try'

how many of u have a set ttc date in the future or plan to, vs how many are hoping to ntnp old fashioned way all the way !

I guess i shud havew attatched a poll but i've never made one hmm... Will try.
Views anyone?

Hugs and baby dust all round!
xx

I came off the pill last July, and was told by a doctor that it'd take up to nine months for my cycles to regulate. I have some opks, which I'm thinking of trying after the nine months is up or maybe July, but I've been tracking my cycles via an app on my phone, and things seem to be settling down. I do try and have more :sex: around the time the app predicts me to ovulate, but other than that, I'm ntnp :D
Good luck all :) x

We have only been ntnp for a couple of weeks so I think we will carry on ntnp for a while, originally we were supposed to be ttc in August but got too impatient!! So maybe we will ttc then! I'm not sure that I wouldn't be come too obsessive if we were ttc so I'm hoping that it wil just happen the old fashioned way!!

We'll probably start TTC after we get a house, if we haven't already had success by then :)

My OH and I will be NTNP after next Friday when my Mirena IUD is removed and then we'll be actively TTC after our wedding in June.

I came off the pill in Nov 09 & used condoms in my "fertile period" as calculated by an app on my phone until Sept 10 when we started NTNP. Originally I wanted to be pregnant by the end of the year so we said we'd start properly TTC in Jan but I really want it to happen naturally so now we've said we'll NTNP until we get back from our hols next month, who knows if we'll stick to that?! Starting to think I probably didn't need to spend 10 years on the pill given how much unprotected sex you can have & not get pregnant!! Baby dust to all of you x

We will TTC in June if no joy before that. That was our original plan, but we got a bit impatient!

We have not really been trying but will start TTC and actually "trying" instead of not really trying, and not really preventing it when husband gets home from army training in 1 week If little bean didn't already stick.

: ) Not really a later date, but later than today :p

Starting to think I probably didn't need to spend 10 years on the pill given how much unprotected sex you can have & not get pregnant!!

I hear that! I've been off the pill since July and I'm starting to wonder what all the fuss was about!!

Thanks for the replies ladies! I agree its silly u spend so long preventing pregnancy and then find actually it doesnt just happen like that at all! Its just lie fed to teenagers i think to stop them being reckless. And we believe it till we come off birth control! Xx

Wow, I don't know about that. It's easier to get pregnant as a teenager so it's that much more important for them to be on BC. My mom and dad conceived me the weekend they lost their virginity to each other at ages 16 and 17. We definitely don't need anymore teen parents out there!

I've been on BC since I was 14 (originally went on BCP for acne, switched to Depo at 18 when I became sexually active) and definitely wouldn't have tempted fate to go off of it before I was truly ready to bring a baby into the world.

But for all of us who have worked so hard to prevent pregnancy for so long, here's hoping we all get a BFP soon!! :-D

I am a little bit between WTT and NTNP because I don't particularly want to fall pregnant before May but we're not preventing it either. I'm not purposely BDing over ov dates, trying to avoid them a little but we all know that doesn't always work. I just pin point ov by my own means and not using OPKs or charting. If I happen to fall pregnant, then that will be fine but I'd prefer to be actively TTC by the end of May. Seems so near yet so far away.....

I'm new to this part of the site, I just came off the pill a couple of weeks ago as I wanted to get my cycles back to normal and hopefully get my sex drive back (it has been zero since I had my baby boy, now 16 months). Anyway the sex drive seems to be back, yay! So I guess we are NTNP. It wouldn't really suit me to get pregnant now but if it happens I will be over the moon, if that makes sense. I will probably start properly TTC in the Autumn if I'm not pregnant by then.

PS the last time I came off the pill I got pregnant on my second cycle (first cycle that we actually DTD at the right time) so sometimes it can happen quickly!

Will be after LO turns one or so. Until then just seeing what happens. It's very relaxing compared to my last time actively TTC.

Thanx for all the replies.. Sorry for any offence i am definitely up for preventing teen pregnncy but they teach u so much about how to prevent but nothing on how to actually concieve for those, who wil like me wait until they are older and ready xx

We're going to actively be trying from April, but if it happens this month it wouldn't be the end of the world. We've been NTNP since Jan but we're hesitant due o medical reasons....this has been cleared up by my Dr that we're ok to go, but we are taking it steady until April with no real problem if it were to happen before then. We're hoping for a 2012 baby :thumbup:

I was NTNP but have become too absessed with knowing how my body and cycles work so I am now officially this cycle TTC. Good luck ladies. x

I am a little bit between WTT and NTNP because I don't particularly want to fall pregnant before May but we're not preventing it either. I'm not purposely BDing over ov dates, trying to avoid them a little but we all know that doesn't always work. I just pin point ov by my own means and not using OPKs or charting. If I happen to fall pregnant, then that will be fine but I'd prefer to be actively TTC by the end of May. Seems so near yet so far away.....

This is a bit like me, I am stuck in a WTT and NTNP limbo. The plan is the TTC #2 in early 2013 but DH does not seem to be bothered to use contraception every time. I guess only time will tell what side of limbo I will fall. :shrug:

We just started NTNP this month. We talked about TTC next summer, for a 2012 baby. Our first was a NTNP and I got pregnant on my second cycle of it. My DH said his family is known for its "straight shooters" (his term) so I am thinking we may end up with another before 2012. My DH was a birth control baby, so his family really is known for not having problems in that area. Happy BD'ing and baby dust!

We have just started NTNP for #2. We had agreed to wait to TTC end of July, but like a few others, it seems so far off! Main reason is that I turn 30 this year and am having a big party. Silly really! Oh, and I'm still waiting for my naughty DH to give up smoking!

Oh, and we also fell after NTNP in my second cycle after the pill, so who knows. And lastly, I too have had ZILCH libido, due to the horrible Implanon (never again) so want to get back to normal anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->