How many of you had a completely natural birth?

H

hot tea

How many of you had a completely natural birth with no interventions at all? I mean no induction, no episiotamy, no drugs whatsoever INCLUDING gas and air?

I have and I much prefer the induction/epidural route.

It was just better. I was able to laugh, enjoy my husband and mom being there, i wasn't in pain. We knew when to expect the baby, and we were more prepared. It was just more relaxing and enjoyable.

My first happened very quickly, was very painful and I didn't enjoy it at all. my second, with the induction/epidural, it was all around a much smoother, easier, more enjoyable experience.

Water birth here... A lil gas n air... In whole my labour lasted 6hrs of which 19 mins to push lo out.
Unfortunetly my lo had his hand to the side of his face, so wheb his head came out i tore - 3rd degree. I didnt feel it thou.
All in all i feel i had a wonderful experience :). Mw's i could thank enough.
At the time thou i felt like i failed... Completely drug free birth but i had to have a spinal for getting stitched up.
Good luck hun, i say keep an open mind, ur body will tell u if u need meds. x

edit: dont count me - guess i had drugs... Gas n air!!!
X

Had about the furthest away from intervention free you could have. I was put under in the end, gave birth with no OH, no mum, didn't see my bubbas for several hours. I wanted a drug free birth, but you never know what will happen till it happens.

Why does it matter? As long as they arrive safely they could of given and done anything to me and I wouldn't of cared.

Me, twice.. and will be a 3rd time if all goes to plan!

Why does it matter? As long as they arrive safely they could of given and done anything to me and I wouldn't of cared.

If it doesn't matter to you then you don't really apply to any of my questions. :flower: it matters to some mothers.

I take my hat off to anyone who goes completely drug free! My labour was 18 hours and I had just gas and air. and do you know what...it was AGONY! Next time I want them to knock me out about a fortnight before the baby arrives :rofl:

In all honesty though I was dead proud I did it with only gas and air but I believe every persons body and labour is different and will be totally open minded next time round and if I need something more then so be it!

I have never had any pain relief at all for any of my 5 births. 3 were natural and 2 were induced. All were too quick for pain relief. Had they been likely to have gone on for a long while I would have wanted every pain relief going.

Does water, paracetamol, tens machine, massage, aromatherapy, hypno birthing count as intervention?

Does water, paracetamol, tens machine, massage, aromatherapy, hypno birthing count as intervention?

I wouldn't say so. Except the paracetamol, but that hardly counts as anything at all. :haha: aromatherapy sounds lovely, I need to look into that for my birth...

I wouldn't say so. Except the paracetamol, but that hardly counts as anything at all. :haha: aromatherapy sounds lovely, I need to look into that for my birth...

Id count paracetamol, water and tens maschine all as pain relief...they arent any different to gas and air imo :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->