How many ounces..

bdb84

Reaction score
does your 3 month old drink per feeding?

I combi-feed and right now I nurse half of the time and bottle feed (formula) the other half. I've been giving DD 4oz per bottle and she *seems* content with this.. but I wasn't sure of the guidelines for ounces per day. I FF my son 9 years ago, but it's been so long that I cannot remember how much he drank.

I think DD was up to 6 ounces by that age, every 3-4 hours during the day (no night feedings).

Here's a guide!

I combination feed exactly the same as you do. My DS drinks about 5/6 oz per feed.

At that age, my son drank between three and four ounces. He is almost four months old now and still never drinks over four, whether it be breast milk or formula.

Probably at that time, my daughter was having about 120ml (but not always finishing it every time) per feed. But really there is wide variation, especially because you have no idea how much breast milk your LO is having the other times. Generally though, I would offer an amount that gets finished sometimes and where there is some left over sometimes. If every bottle is drained, you might consider offering more, keeping in mind though that it may then cut down on breast milk amounts (because formula is heavy and sits around in the tummy longer) if you want to continue to BF.

My DD who's just turned 3 months and is FF takes about 3-4 oz every 2-3 hours. :)

Edit: We do have a small cluster/dream feed 1 hour after bedtime though to make sure she's nice a fed - so we can also sleep. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->