How many oz a day does ur LO take with 3 meals as well?

gemxgem

Reaction score
Hi

My LO has 3 meals a day, lunch is usually BLW with toast and cream cheese or something so he doesn't actually eat very much at the moment apart from breakfast and tea time. He has around 30-35oz of formula a day still. Seems a lot?!

What about your LO's? Xxx

my lb has between 18-23ozs a day with 3 good meals and normally pudding (ie yog or fruit) after lunch n dinner.

My son is just starting out in his first month of solids, but he has around 30 to 36oz a day on average divided into 5 bottles. Sometimes I worry about overfeeding him, but he shows definite hunger signs and cries if I feed him any less. I'm not as worried about veggies and most fruit, but the cereal and more sugary fruits I'm not sure... He usually does:

Breakfast, then 30 mins later: 2tbsp cereal, 1-2 oz fruit
3ish hours later, just a bottle
then Lunch: formula + 1oz fruit, 1-2 oz veggies and soon 1 oz protein
3ish hours later, just a bottle
then Dinner: formula+ 2tbsp cereal, 1oz fruit, 1-2 oz veggies

He doesn't always finish it all, but I like to offer him both fruit and veggies. We just recently added the fruit at dinner too as he still seemed hungry and its helped his digestion at night. As soon as I'm more comfortable with BLW, I'll be dropping the cereal though. I'm not sure about some of the ingredients even though the one we use is supposed to be good but I'd rather be using toast or making my own cereal.

About 18-24oz. Dont worry too much though. Dd3 was having 3 meals aswell as 35oz of milk at one point. Rest assured he will drop milk feeds on his own when ready. Xxx

Seems ok to me, if I remember right my lo was drinking up to 35oz in the first few months she was weaned. She still has 20oz now along with 3 bigger meals and sometimes snacks aswell.

Caitlyn doesn't seem to take many or much oz any more.

My son is fully blw he has 4 x6 ounce bottles per day x

I'm not sure tbh I try to get him to take as much as possible but im not sure he gets the recommended 20oz a day. Both my kids only ever had tiny amounts at a time so when they drop bottles they hardly get anything as he still only drinks about 3oz a bottle and now he doesn't have them all the while it doesn't add up to much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->