How many oz?

Misskitty10

Reaction score
How many ounces of formula did or does your baby take around 4-6weeks?
My baby is 5 weeks tomorrow and taking 4oz mostly but occasionally 3 and just a couple of times 5! Is this about right or too much? When do babies usually start taking 5oz?

Every baby is different. If your LO is draining the bottle sometimes and the other times leaving some, that's probably roughly the right amount, though they can be more or less hungry or thirsty every time, so you just have to guess. Mine wasn't bottlefed yet at that age, but probably by 6-8 weeks was taking maybe 3 oz per feed, but maybe not always finishing it, though rarely finishing it and wanting more. So they really can all be very different. There's no such thing as too much though unless they are vomiting it all up afterwards. They know what they need. I'd probably aim for 4 oz, but if he/she is draining that most times, I'd offer 5 oz and be okay if there is still some left over that gets wasted.

My baby was eating about 4 ounces at that time. Sometimes even 5 every 2-3 hours. I was worried he was drinking too much, but he started taking less around 8 weeks. I think he was having a growth spurt.

I think babies take what they need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->