How many things will your kids have to open?

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
I know I've gone ott (the downside of starting in the January sale) but in total including family gifts now many things will your kids have to open?

I'm sitting at about 18/19 and it seems an awful lot for one wee boy. Those things range from things at £5 upward.

Including family gifts,probably no less than 75. A mixture of bigger things/ smaller things and so on.

About 25-30 things each maybe more I haven't counted and I don't think they have the same amount. It is a lot but... who cares 😂 they won't 😁 then they have family presents on top but we usually have those before and after Christmas

Gee wizz those figures make me feel better!

My oldest Has 24 from santa and probably around 30 from my mum and dad (they really do go OTT) my little one has a little bit less. They are very lucky boys. Altho I do not have any idea as to where it's all going to go😱

Including family/friend gifts Dec may have about 25-30 and Dan about 20-25. I dont normally count how much they have but I just had a quick count up in my head :)

My boys, Jacob 8 and Joseph 5, will have about 30 presents to open from Santa and then family presents on top of that, I have actually cut back from previous years and a lot is smaller items or items that are add ons to other presents, they don't get much apart from at birthdays so I like them to have a good selection at Christmas

All of his gifts including new books, a couple of items of clothing, presents from grandparents, aunts, uncles, us, santa it'll about 100 looking at last year's pictures, ranging from small couple of pound things to a few more expensive items like playmobil sets, leappad etc.

They have 6 each from Santa, 6 each from DH and I, probably 6 each from SIL, 6-10 each from Dh's parents, 2-3 each from my mom and stepdad, 4-5 each from my grandparents, 1-2 each from DH's grandparents...so around 35 each or so? A lot. But it's Christmas, so I don't mind the OTT amount for the holiday.

We get money for the kids from the IL'S so we put it towards something big or get them something g we think they will like and label it from them,

My son will have around 8-9 (he is getting an xbox one and a couple of expensive games so that is half of it)

My DD8 will have around 12-13

And my DD3 will have around 15-16

My youngest has the most as her has cost less and the only other present they will get are from our neighbours and they usually get them one each, i think this is plenty considering we live in an RV lol

I actually have no idea. I think they have about 15-18 gifts each from us/santa not including stocking. But i dont know what they will get from other people, they have 8 aunties and uncles who will all but them at least 1 gift, grandparents on both sides usually buy at least 5 gifts each, then they have great grand parents, a few of my friends will buy them a gift. To be honest it is too much but i think its only once a year and if you cant spoil them at christmas, when can you?

ETA: Just counted as i was curious now and once ive took their birthday presents away (i buy in one go, and split later) DS has got 12 presents from us and DD has got 13 plus stocking.

It's hard to say with us because OH's family varies. OH's mum usually sends a few gifts each but we don't speak to her and OH ignored her the last time we ran into her at a family birthday party so she may send nothing (like I care lol) so maybe 2-3 gifts from OH's side for each child, then 3-4 from my side, then what they get from us.
J has a second Christmas at his dad's and gets loads but he doesn't bring it home with him other than the clothing.

Well, my list says 15 each from me and DH but I know I got more that are not on there plus stockings. Then you have my side of the family, wow probably 50 each (they go crazy) OH side , hmmm probably one each from MIL and one from BIL.

Ladies I really appreciate knowing that the 18/19 maybe 20 or so if I add a selection box isn't completely wild. I debated about posting this thread for about 3 days as I never want others to feel pressured to spend more than they should etc

I refuse to count. A ridiculous amount is all I know. And guaranteed he will get a ridiculous amount off family too. But it's Christmas and I can't help myself.
Your amounts sound great to me :) x

My oldest has a fair amount - 37

however that includes smaller bits like books, dvds and alot of his stuff are smaller figures and such to go with his turtles half shell playset.

youngests i'm not done yet so can't count but i'm guessing roughly 33, slightly less however his stuff is alot of bigger boxed stuff or stuff that will be set up.

20-25 for my older two not including stockings off me and Dh we do one expensive gift off santa and they will prob have around 10-15 off family so 30-40 presents each in total.
my youngest has about 10 off me and Dh amd will have same as other two off family and one off santa

I'm not sure. I know they'll have around 20 each from Santa. The older three will also have a joint present which 5 gifts. Then they have five each from my brother. Three or so from my sister and her house mate. Around five from my other brother. Around ten or so from my parents. One or two from the other grandparents and one from the bil.

So that's around 190 presents between the four of them. Ridiculous. However that includes books etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->