How many things will your kids have to open?

From me? 6. I've spent £100

Not going overboard this year, it's not about the presents <3

Mine will have about 10 from Santa/us in total, then around the same if not more from my in laws, 1 or 2 from my parents and 1 or 2 from their uncle, then the odd one from a friend so around 25 give or take.

My LO will have 1 from Santa - 5-6 from us and 6-8 from Family. Plus I do a Christmas eve bag and stocking. I feel like our house is already a toy shop and he isn't here most of the time (full time nursery) so haven't bought loads of toys - although I did buy another one yesterday because I realized yesterday that he only had 2 actual toys to open.

What are people counting as presents? For example, DS is getting a Batcave which comes with Batman, Robin, a motorbike and a hang-glider which I'm counting as 1 present. I'm also making him Batgirl on her batbike and putting it in the cave and still just counting it all as 1. He's getting a couple of book sets, which counts as 2 things not 18. In his stocking he'll have some cars, Paw Patrol pups, some Avengers and a plush Baymax which counts as 4 presents, not however many there are individually.

So off Santa he's getting 5 presents, 2 book sets and 4 stocking fillers, 5 if I count a pair of clementines that I stick at the top for tradition. From us he gets his Christmas Eve box which will have a book I made him, a Santa teddy that he's holding in the book, a Christmas movie to watch some snacks, a snowman bathbomb and Santa's plate. But no toys as such, because it's all stuff that will be put away til next year once Christmas is over.

I think this is where there's such a variation in totals for everyone. I wrap everything individually, because they love to open presents. So it will range from dollar store coloring books, to their main expensive gifts, but all will be wrapped.

I count mine as what is in the package :)

Around 10 each and 6 joint gifts. It doesn't sound like much but I have spent probably 600 quid =/ quality not quantity. That's what I'm going to keep repeating as I stare at my piles hahah. Must not buy more. Ahhhh

I really thought about what to get K this year. Still all toys as she has enough clothes but they are things I know she will love and use lots! :)

What are people counting as presents? For example, DS is getting a Batcave which comes with Batman, Robin, a motorbike and a hang-glider which I'm counting as 1 present. I'm also making him Batgirl on her batbike and putting it in the cave and still just counting it all as 1. He's getting a couple of book sets, which counts as 2 things not 18. In his stocking he'll have some cars, Paw Patrol pups, some Avengers and a plush Baymax which counts as 4 presents, not however many there are individually.

So off Santa he's getting 5 presents, 2 book sets and 4 stocking fillers, 5 if I count a pair of clementines that I stick at the top for tradition. From us he gets his Christmas Eve box which will have a book I made him, a Santa teddy that he's holding in the book, a Christmas movie to watch some snacks, a snowman bathbomb and Santa's plate. But no toys as such, because it's all stuff that will be put away til next year once Christmas is over.

I think this is where there's such a variation in totals for everyone. I wrap everything individually, because they love to open presents. So it will range from dollar store coloring books, to their main expensive gifts, but all will be wrapped.

I count as one if it all goes together. I built a train table, have bought loads of track for it, buildings and other accessories, but that all counts as one gift. I built a playhouse which has accessories in it as well and I count that as one gift. I don't wrap all those accessories individually, but have them already put together and on the table or in the playhouse.

I count it as one if it's wrapped together. For instance my oldest DD has a bunch of out of the box Star Wars action figures bought as a lot on ebay. I'm wrapping them all together in one gift box, that will be one gift as opposed to 20 or however many of them there are.

I'm usually an individual wrapper, but to keep things looking slightly more even this year, as DS2 has had far more money spent on him but has the least amount of presents as almost nothing I bought him was in sales etc, I will be wrapping a few of the others things together. Like all books, I would usually wrap separately, and all 3 power ranger packs will be wrapped together.
I also wrap everything in the stocking. Actual presents, as in what is in the individual packages as they were purchased, they have around 12 - 18, once wrapped they will have 12-14 to open, but then there's another 12 in their stocking. which obviously makes a big difference to present number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->