How many things will your kids have to open?

From us, about 9 plus stocking, my mum, aunt and brother get him one gift each, MIL and BIL usually 1 or two gifts each so about 15? Definitely no more than 20 in total. These threads always make me feel like I'm not spoiling him enough, but our house and budget is small, so we work with what we've got. Thank god for survey money!

Please don't feel bad. When I posted I thought 20 things was ott, I had no idea how much some children get. I was debating about adding one extra gift. I don't want him to forget the value of stuff or have loads of stuff that doesn't get looked at..

I'm sure your Lo will have as much fun and excitement as the children who will have lots more.

Mine don't get loads upon loads :) I do 10-15 gifts in total and they get a few from family and I feel that's more than enough in all honesty but I know what you mean when you read 50+ gifts lol can't help but feel like mine isn't enough but we know it is <3 We all have different amounts of gifts under our trees and as long as our children are appreciative of what they receive I think that's the main thing.

how do you even fit 75 gifts under your tree? lol

I think our number is higher because I wrap everything all those little stocking bits, it all gets wrapped.
Presents from us go under the tree, family go near the tree and santa gifts in separate piles around the room so don't have to fit them all under the tree (don't have 75 each but there are 4 of them here lol)
Also I know for a lot of families (certainly mine as a child) grandparents bought a single gift. Aunts and uncles bought a single gift if they bought at all. My mum gets around 4/5 each, my mother in law will do a standard sized gift bag full each, my brother in law will do a couple each. My niece even buys for them.
If it was just ours plus 1 from each family member we wouldn't hit the 20 each mark.

Yeah, I agree, and it would be silly to go beyond our means just because I think I need to keep up with other people. We had a truly awful Christmas last year, for a number of reasons, so I think all of us will just be happy not to have a repeat of that! X

From us, about 9 plus stocking, my mum, aunt and brother get him one gift each, MIL and BIL usually 1 or two gifts each so about 15? Definitely no more than 20 in total. These threads always make me feel like I'm not spoiling him enough, but our house and budget is small, so we work with what we've got. Thank god for survey money!

Please don't feel bad. When I posted I thought 20 things was ott, I had no idea how much some children get. I was debating about adding one extra gift. I don't want him to forget the value of stuff or have loads of stuff that doesn't get looked at..

I'm sure your Lo will have as much fun and excitement as the children who will have lots more.

I agree, please don't feel bad. That isn't what its about. The number of presents or the cost isn't what's important. What matters is the experience, and that the presents they do get are well thought out and something they will love.

Well I've got 7 things in the back of the car and three someone where in the kitchen and then goodness knows how many upstairs. All range in price - cheapest is Star Wars chocolate at £2, most expensive is £48.

I like to think I haven't spent much but I don't want to add it up at the moment. I've bought everything he has asked for and quite a few bits he hasn't but I know he will love. I haven't bought anything this year just because it was cheap - I did that a lot last year!

7 main presents from us,
6 little stocking presents plus sweets/fruit etc that don't get wrapped

Probably 5 or so presents from each set of grandparents and then a few things from friends/neighbours/wider family.

So I'm guessing maybe 30 in total ranging from £1 stocking fillers to a big easel from Nanny and Grandad.

Alex and Scarlett both have around 12 presents each off Santa plus a playhouse as a joint present, that's not including stocking fillers (i think Alex has more stocking fillers).
I'm not thinking about family presents. My mum has got them a couple toys each and some outfits, MIL says she's getting them clothes, my sister has gone OTT so she'd holding things back for birthdays in January.

I thought 12 santa presents wasnt much but when I think what they will get off family, it's plenty.

The thing is some people buy regularly through out the year and others will get lots at Christmas and birthdays but not much else. My children have all recently changed a lot so their likes are different to what they were. My youngest doesn't have any toys other than rattles really so I've bought him toys to grow into and they'll last until his first birthday.

Let's see from Santa they get 1...DH and I 10-15...My sisters 1 each....my parents around 5 each (it varies year to year)...FIL 1 gift(but usually something rather big/expensive)...MIL 10-15....great-grandparents 1 each x3...great aunts/uncles 5-10 each in total. We have a big, generous family for which we are very fortunate. In total they'll likely have 37-50 gifts each according to these numbers. That does seem like a lot to me! I never totaled it up before.

To be honest they get bored with just opening the ones from Santa, I really couldn't see them sitting there opening 50 each :lol:
This :haha:

I've counted mine, and they will each get:

- Around 7 presents from Santa, this includes small cars and a ball.
- Around 15 - 20 presents from me and DH. This includes books.

- Relatives usually give 1 present each.

( DH will get around 15, if he behaves himself :rofl:)

My 2 dd's will have at least 40+ each and that's from Santa, us and family. No wonder we got up at 4am last year, we needed all that time to open the presents

About 30 each and 8 to share. Thats just from santa. Id say another 15 each from friends and family then money etc.

1 from Santa (a bike this year) and then about 8/9 presents from DH & myself each (books wrapped as one) plus stockings which have about 5-6 small presents, usually socks, pants, chocolates etc

Then normally 1 or 2 from family members so that'll be another 10/12

To be honest that's far too much, I couldn't imagine 75+ presents, how do you all have the stamina to open them all, the 10 we have take all day as it is and I'm expecting it to take longer this year as he's going to want to go straight out on his new bike!

1 big gift each from Santa plus stocking fillers, then 1-2 big gifts each from me and DH. The family go overboard though and my house is full of massive gifts from them.
Every birthday or Christmas DS insists on opening each present one by one and playing with it for at least 10 minutes before we force him to move on. Last Christmas we spent what felt like the entire day trying to get him to open presents.

We have stocking bags that will be crammed full of small toys and cuddly toys, sweets and chocolate, that's all from Santa, we will but them about 8 presents each I reckon maybe a couple more and then they will have family presents too which will probably be around another 10 each, we have cut down this year as I have a new baby due in two weeks and also getting married next August, plus my children always get so spoiled at Xmas I feel they don't appreciate it as they should so a few less presents may do them good

Im definitely not going over board. Some years its been all about the presents and I hated it

Both my boys have got 12 presents to open downstairs & 12 things in their stockings. MIL normally gets a few main presents for them. Then 3 main presents from my mum plus a second stocking done by her (we have Christmas Day no. 2 on Boxing Day). A couple of things each from my sister & SIL. Then another 10 or so from other family members/friends. DS1 will no doubt end up opening the vast majority of presents for them both though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->