How many things will your kids have to open?

7 presents each from us, another 10 or so in stockings. Somewhere between 10-15 from other family and friends.

Probably about 25 -30 from everyone. I don't buy them that much but they have a lot of aunts and uncles etc and my aunties and uncles buy for them too.

Santa has got them 17 presents each, then goodness knows what family will get them, it's usually double what they get from Santa easily, but as we are staying home this year we can spread it out a bit. It was very overwhelming last year.

A stocking from Santa with little bits that aren't wrapped. A stocking from my mom with little bits not wrapped.

7 gifts from Santa, 1 gift from me (I"m building her a playhouse with loft for her playroom, and it'll have things like a phone, doorbell, mailbox and such, but it's still just 1 gift)
3 gifts from mom and dad, 1 from sister, 4 from other family.
So 16 to unwrap in total. And I thought that was a lot...LOL

I feel like a scrooge in comparison. So far he has only got about 8 from Santa and 3-4 more from us. I guess he will have about 15-20 total.

I feel like a scrooge in comparison. So far he has only got about 8 from Santa and 3-4 more from us. I guess he will have about 15-20 total.

Please don't feel like scrooge. You have about the same as me and I thought it was OTT!

Wow I definitely feel like a tight wad. If you include each book as one item then she has 16 from us but since I see it as a collection of books which will be wrapped as one then she has 7 from santa/us plus a stocking.

She will get 5 from ohs family and 5 from mine so all in all about 17. I may pick up a couple of other things but definitely no more than 20 I would say.

I haven't counted, but I wouldn't be surprised if from Santa alone its as much as 30 each but that includes lots and lots of little items, such as flannel, bubble bath, goggles (50p in wilko sale!), choc coins etc etc. I have spent about £100 on each of them, so I have not gone mad, just got a lot of presents for my money.
My Mum (and Dad) do go pretty crazy at Christmas, and will prob get them more than me, but again, it will be made up of lots of little things as well as the main gifts.
Plus there are lots of aunts and uncles, and family friends.
I would hazard a guess at 75+, but I could be way out, in either direction.

around 17 things each, I usually go way over board but stuck to a budget this year and got them just a few smaller things and one big thing this year <3

Around 6 to unwrap, stocking, toy kitchen and table and chairs from us. 1 from my parents, 3 from oh's parents, we have 9 siblings between us so approx 9 other presents although I think my sister is sending money.

damn when i was a kid i only had about like 7 presents max lmao

mine will have about 15 and i still think its too much for a 3 year old

I haven't counted but if I remember correctly they will have 15 gifts from me, oh, sibling and Santa. Plus stocking. Plus family. I'm going to guess at 50 things each. Which is insane. We don't have a very big house. Between the two kids that's 100 new toys/books/ stocking fillers coming into our house in one day. That isn't even including their book advent calendar. They will be having one each. So 25 new books each. That's crazy. I love spoiling them but we do it all year round. I realy hope someone buys me a bigger house for Christmas.

No idea but too much, I'm dreading the amounts he will get from relatives too, every year I say I'll cut it down and I end up getting more. I've already sorted out his toys to make room for the new stuff to make myself feel better.

From us, about 9 plus stocking, my mum, aunt and brother get him one gift each, MIL and BIL usually 1 or two gifts each so about 15? Definitely no more than 20 in total. These threads always make me feel like I'm not spoiling him enough, but our house and budget is small, so we work with what we've got. Thank god for survey money!

DS and DD1 have roughly 25 gifts each, but I will wrap some things together so they have fewer things to unwrap as DS got overwhelmed last year and DD1 got overwhelmed on her birthday. I'm sure they will enjoy it more if the pile of gifts isn't too overwhelming. Several of their gifts are small/cheap like a pencil case, new cup, packet of colouring pens. DD2 has 7 gifts.

What are people counting as presents? For example, DS is getting a Batcave which comes with Batman, Robin, a motorbike and a hang-glider which I'm counting as 1 present. I'm also making him Batgirl on her batbike and putting it in the cave and still just counting it all as 1. He's getting a couple of book sets, which counts as 2 things not 18. In his stocking he'll have some cars, Paw Patrol pups, some Avengers and a plush Baymax which counts as 4 presents, not however many there are individually.

So off Santa he's getting 5 presents, 2 book sets and 4 stocking fillers, 5 if I count a pair of clementines that I stick at the top for tradition. From us he gets his Christmas Eve box which will have a book I made him, a Santa teddy that he's holding in the book, a Christmas movie to watch some snacks, a snowman bathbomb and Santa's plate. But no toys as such, because it's all stuff that will be put away til next year once Christmas is over.

Mine have around 12-15 each, plus a stocking. They will also have gifts from family so I would guess up to 40 including the family ones. Wow that seems a lot. But most of the things they have from us are all like parts of the same things like Ds3 has 3 packs of power rangers figures as they are packs of 2 but you need all of them right? I may wrap some things up together like that.

I'm counting the pack of paw patrol as 1 ( I'm loathed to buy 2 packs if he really wants the rest then his birthday isn't long) the books I'll wrap together as 1, but I've counted the Disney cars / planes individually as I'm not sure how to wrap them.

I certainly feel better knowing others are in the same ballpark ( or have more).

I think I'm comparing him to my day when we got half of what DS gets and were delighted.

My 3 are allowed to ask for 5 things from Santa each, in reality it'll be around 8 or 9 from Santa then of course a few more in the stocking, something from my Brother, Sister and both sets of Nans.

To be honest they get bored with just opening the ones from Santa, I really couldn't see them sitting there opening 50 each :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->