How many times a day?

mnicole

Reaction score
I'll be starting LH testing strips late this weekend (CD 10), and I am just curious, it there any point in doing a test more than once a day? I am really jumping in to this with no knowledge, and I can't really find anything that fully answers my questions online. Plus, women with knowledge are a lot more helpful.

hey dear. I hope you enjoy OPk they are really great!! I would DEF test more than once a day. With time you will eventually come to know your cycles better and have a better idea of when to start testing and if your surge is long enough to test once a day or not.
Here are a list of things to know.

1. To start do not test with FMU as most woman dont have enough FSH (hormone that you are measuring) in your system in the am. So use 2nd morning Urine if possible. You ll see with time if FMU is ok for yuo, for me doesnt make any difference.

2. Dont drink TOO much before taking the test as you could dilute the test results. Stop drinking liquids for about an hour or two before testing.

3. Test multiple times a day as a positive test would indicate a surge in which for some woman lasts only an hour or two so if testing only once a day you could miss it.

4. Remember that a positive tests means you will ovulate in the next 12-36 hours (not that you are ovulating now) so to time Bding accordingly.

Good luck!! hope you get your BFP!

At the risk of sounding stupid; if the test strip is never positive, does that mean I will not ovulate? Or vice versa, can it be positive, yet I may not ovulate?

positive opk doesn't mean you re ovulating, it confirms just the surge not ovulation, only temping confirm it,
you may have more then one positive , for me I got 3 + in a row but with temping I know that I ovulated after 1st positive.

Okay, so I tested for the first time ever yesterday, it was negative. But they were almost similar.

Today. Tested right away in the am, even though it said to wait till afternoon, I couldn't wait, lol. Anyway, it was positive. But they weren't dark, the surge line was darker than the reference line though, but I wasn't convinced so I tested again at 5:15pm, and it was an even more convincing positive! :) so testing a few times a day seems to be helpful.

Awesome you got a clear positive! I am hoping for the same. When did you start testing? I am on CD 7 and anxious to start, however, I just came off a 36 day cycle, and a 28 day cycle before that. I am nervous that if I start testing too early, I will run out of strips before the surge can be detected; however, I am also nervous that if I wait too long to start testing, I will miss it completely.

I started at cd13, late start but I just got off BC feb 4th so I wasn't sure I would even ovulate at all. But yeah two positives yesterday, I'm gonna test again today cuz I'm curious if it will still be positive or not. BD this morning, propping my hips right now lol. Crossing my fingers! Sry tmi. Lol if I were you I would start at cd10 and test once or twice a day till you get a positive. If its a long cycle this month, you might wanna test for a while if you keep getting negs. Good luck, girl!

I just purchased 20 more LH strips, plus 5 HCG strips for 10$ online, so I am gonna start testing every day starting today. Haha some may say this is overkill, but I am just excited to start watching the progress and possibly figuring out how my body works! YAY!

It can be fun, I have just started figuring out my ovulation and I am enjoying it. I'm sure after a few months of BFNs it can get old, but it's cool to get to know your body and start to know the signs.

I feel like it really depends on how predictable your cycle is. There is no point in using more than one per day for me, I have ovulation pinpointed within a 12-14 hour window every month and I am like clock-work. I start testing the day before I usually get a + OPK, just to be sure, but by the second day, it's always positive, and the day after that, I ovulate. So, in my case, it's not really necessary, no. But I'm mostly using them as a backup and to reassure me that my other symptoms/signals are aligning with the OPK, kwim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->