How many weeks after conception is first U/S?

StrawBerry2

TTC baby number 4!
Reaction score
I know when calculating how many weeks you are pregnant, according to your LMP they normally add on 2 weeks.

For example My Ticker seems to say that I am 5weeks pregnant tomorrow according to my last menstrual period. BUT I KNOW that I am only 3 weeks from conception tomorrow.

So I really want to make sure, according to which one do I organise my dating scan?

My husband is really not helping- he is a GP and is actually convinced it should be according to weeks past conception. When I phoned the radiology practice to make an appointment for the last week in August, they said that that is almost time for the Nuchal scan.

What are you going by?? And when are you/did you go for your first scan?

I'm not sure... but when I called to arrange my first scan (private clinic), the nurse asked me for my LMP and said the first scan is usually scheduled for 7-8 weeks past LMP. My LMP was 20 Jun and she said the earliest they would scan me is mid-Aug. I'm not sure if it's the same way where you live though.

I thought it was lmp? That's what my midwife and doctor went by all 4 times.x

It always goes by lmp. With my last I was positive on my O day (I temped), my doc still used lmp.

First scan goes by lmp. I have dating scans before first official scan because my cycles are long and irregular.... If I were to find out I was pregnant today my lmp was 35days ago yet I am only 14dpo....

First scan is always scheduled via LMP and is usually schedule at 8 weeks or later unless you have a history of complications.

A nuchal scan is not done until you are 12-14 weeks.

Thanks everyone. It makes sense now. My hubby just confused me- lol.

I also found this great article.

https://www.birth.com.au/ultrasounds/ultrasounds-what-can-they-show-reasons-for#.VbdT1FLXfCQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->