How many weeks am I??

AnnieJ10

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I cant believe I am actually posting here! I got the word that I am officially pregnant and my hcg is rising and I am so excited and hope it sticks! I had a question about weeks of pregnancy, so its been 2 weeks and 3 days since I ovulated but then that would make me 4w3d pregnant right? Im not planning on telling alot of people just yet but If I did would I tell them I am 4 weeks along? Its so confusing lol. THanks!! :)

There are a few ways to calculate it. That's absolutely correct if you know your O day, but if you do not, you can use your last menstrual period (LMP) date to get an estimation. It's going to be fairly accurate if your cycle is of normal length and regular. It assumes a 28 day cycle and a 14 day LP, so you might be off a few days in either direction.

Resurrecting an old post because I had the same question.

The number of weeks varies so much when I use different online calculators and apps. Some say 4, some say 5, some even say 6. Can someone help with a more accurate number?

LMP: 3/9/2017
Cycle length: 38 days
Ovulation date: 3/31/2017

Thanks in advance!

Hey Hun, your doctor will most likely just go by LMP until you get a scan to date more accurately. But as you know when you ovulated, you can work out that you are actually 17dpo or 4w3d, congrats! Xx

I just read yesterday about the Clearblue pregnancy test with week indicator. It actually tell you how many weeks you are into your pregnancy. It's probably expensive but worth it. I'm still learning how to use this site otherwise I would post it. Best of wishes to you dear xoxoxo.

Thank you dan-o and selinet. I already spent a ton on pregnancy tests and have a doctor's visit scheduled in two weeks, so i wont be buying the test.

I've decided to go by dan-o's date, which matches two of the apps I highly trust.

Thanks!

I just read yesterday about the Clearblue pregnancy test with week indicator. It actually tell you how many weeks are you into your pregnancy. It's probably expensive but worth it. I'm still learning how to use this site otherwise I would post it. Best of wishes to you dear xoxoxo.

I would never ever recommend the weeks estimator test to work out how far along you are, those things are notoriously wrong and are even being pulled off the shelf for not being accurate!

Agreed the weeks estimators are not totally accurate. They're just for fun.

But like dan-o said O date is considered 2w pregnant. So today you are 23dpo or 2w + 3w + 2d = 5w2d. But your doctor will go by lmp and say you are 6w3. Good news you get your first appointment a week earlier but try to remember you will measure a week off since your cycle is long. :)

Congrats!!!

Oohhh really? I just got so excited about those PT. I ordered some, now I'm going to have to put them to the test when the time comes. Hopefully it works :/

The reason they aren't accurate is because they use thresholds to determine 1-2 weeks, 2-3 weeks, and 3+ weeks since ovulation. These thresholds are wide/based on averages which is time first point of inaccuracy. Also, the FDA did a study showing that the tests do not always accurately give the stated reading based on beta results done at the same time. For example, I waited to take my last cb weeks when I should have received a 3+ based on their stated thresholds and blood tests and then waited an additional two days... and I still got 2-3. Which is why, as mentioned, they are periodically pulled from the shelves/ have already faced several lawsuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->