How Many Weeks Before Baby Due Did You Take MAT Leave?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Just wondering now when I should take mine!

:D

I've been wondering the same. From what I have seen, most women go right up until 2-3 weeks before delivery so that they can get the max time possible with their babies before returning to work.

I'm thinking 22nd Nov (4 weeks before) mainly coz of how the pay works. I work from home anyway but I'm still taking the time out!

I arranged to finish at 35 weeks, but then due to the SPD, I was signed off from about 24 weeks. So I got paid in full right up to the 36 week mark, then 90% for the next 6 weeks, and Charlie was born at 39 so we still had money coming in for the things we'd forgotten to buy!

I worked up until 37 and a half weeks.

I felt I could have lasted longer too lol.

Cx

With Gabriel (my first) I planned to work up till 36 weeks, they were short staffed so I agreed to work an extra week, only Gabriel had other ideas. So I worked the Friday, Saturday day off, went into labour Sunday.

With Alisha worked upto 38 weeks finished on the Saturday went into labour midnight monday.

This time again planned to work until 38 weeks, but was induced at 37.

Last time i think i worked up until 33/34 weeks but this time i plan to go a bit further as i have to , to be able to qualify for mat leave !

With Olivia I finished up at 37.5wks but felt I could've worked for another week or two. I officially went on mat leave on the Sunday before she was born (she was 3 days late) and used 2 wks holiday leave to make me finish at 37.5 wks (so that I didn't have to wait until the end of maternity leave for my holiday pay).

This time I think I'll finish up on Nov 22nd as my boss goes on holiday the day after and work will be really quiet and boring and will drrraaaggg!

wi chloe i waorked till my due date, and same with callum, however i did take alot of time off sick inbetween :rofl:

With Kai i left at abot 34 weeks i think i couldnt take it anymore lol, this time i was planning on working 2 weeks to my due date but as time has gone by its gone to 3 weeks before to 4 weeks before :rofl:, im gonna leave just before xmas so i can have a nice xmas at home instead of havin to work in between!
x

i finished very very early... cant remember the date ill have to check posts but i think it was in october and i wasnt due till december

*runs to check posts*

17th october i started my maternity leave coz juliet was sick of me sat around doing nother. i just re read my post and grrrrr shes treated me like shit for so long!

With Ky I worked until 37+3 Weeks. I felt I could have worked longer but I moved to Yorkshire so I needed the time to re-locate.

This time I'm finishing at 33+4 Weeks and it can't come soon enough! - I do move to Germany this month though so I needed some time to pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->