How many weeks? How many babies?!

Becky_Mummy2B

No2 on the way!
Reaction score
I found out on 13.06.2009 that I was pregnant (after five positive tests, I began to believe it!) and worked it out that I was just four weeks gone...

However, I'm now supposedly 6 and a half weeks gone, and have a bump already! It's very obvious and I'm struggling to conceal it! When I've read websites it appears that 6 and a half weeks is extremely early to show, and I am guessing that either I've got my dates wrong (although I doubt it given that I did a negative test as recent as April) or I'm having twins... they run in both my family and my partner's family... Does anyone else have any idea why I may have a bump so early on, or does anyone else have one?

I have my first ante-natal appointment tomorrow and I am hoping the midwife will be able to offer a reason for the above? What actually happens during that appointment?

I'm desparate to get to the 12 week mark as at that point, the risk of MC is said to decrease... Was anyone else worried about every ache and pain in the first twelve weeks, as it is driving me mad?!!

Would love to hear from any other Mum's out there or Mum's to be, or those TTC!

Love Becky xx

Congrats with the pregnancy and welcome to BnB!!! Could be twins,especially if they run on both sides of the family!! Miscarriage rate does decrease at 12 weeks, I was worried about everything till I got to that point, I still worry, just try not to stress to much about it.

I'm in the US and have an obgyn not a midwife so I'm not sure if your first exam will be like mine or not. At mine they took blood and the usual blood pressure, urine, weigh you, they also done an internal ultrasound at my first visit to give me my estimated due date. Also she tried to listen to the heartbeat, don't worry if you don't hear it at the first visit I didn't mine, oh yeah and she gave me a pelvic exam. I think that is all that happened..lol I was in shock the entire time the first visit was a blur!!

Good luck!!!

Hi Lisa

Thanks for your reply... Wow, not long left for you!!! I can't wait to get that far but in another way don't want to wish away my whole pregnancy!

I am hoping that some sort of indication is given tomorrow re: dates/amount of babies! Failing that I'll have to wait til 12 week scan!

I think all Mums-to-be worry, I guess it's natural!

Do you know whether you're having boy or girl?

xx

Hi hun, congrats on the wonderful news and welcome to Bnb x x

Welcome to BnB!! Best of Luck on your pregnancy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->