How many weeks should I be when I go and see the midwife??

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Haha I really can't remember anything like this from first pregnancy lol.

When should I book in to see midwife, I know they need a bit of notice to book 12 week scan but don't want to go too early on.

When did you all go?

I saw mine at 9+5 and have 12 week scan at 12+1.

I left it late because I was still under care of IVF clinic.

Guidelines are from 8 weeks plus. I think 9 weeks is about average. Its gonna give plenty of time for them to book the scan in, as everyone else is doing their bookings at 9 weeks. It would only be a problem if all the other midwives in the city were booking in patients at 6 weeks.

Last pregnancy my midwife booked my scan at the same time she booked the booking appointment so letter arrived well before the actual appointment. Giving me plenty of time to change the date and go when I was actually 12 weeks and not when my LMP said I was 12 weeks.

I didn't see mine until yesterday and I was 11 + 5, they would prefer to do the scan before 12 + 4 she said, but definately before 13 + 6 so that they can do the nuchal fold screening test, I should get a call really soon to book my scan date, can't wait!

I had booking in appt at 9 weeks then just had my 1st actual MW appt today at 12+2 I'm having my scan at 13 weeks :)

My doctor referred me to my midwife and I received my booking app through the post at exactly 8 weeks, I then booked my scan for 12 :thumbup:

Hi, I saw my midwife at 10+2 (change of doctors slowed me down) and am still waiting for my scan date.

I might have to give them a chase :flower:

Thanks everyone! Think I'll call them at 7 weeks as may take a while to get an appointmenr

I had my booking in appointment with the midwife at 8 weeks.

Sorry to jump in your thread!

I'm just over 9 weeks pregnant at the moment and have my 12 week scan booked through the Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic at my local hospital, as I'm under their care for a while during this pregnancy. So I haven't rushed to get an appointment with the midwife as previously my pregnancies have resulted in a loss and it's been sad cancelling that midwife appointment.

I currently have weekly scans and so far all is going well, when should I contact the midwife? Obviously there's been no hurry to as the nuchal scan is booked in already?

xxx

I had my first booking appointment when I was 6w4d. My Dr told me to book it sooner rather than later because I'm considered high risk so there was scope to process my referral to the consultant etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->