how many weeks was you when you nooked in with the Mw?

laura_2010

Reaction score
Im just 5weeks today I think.. I didnt track from my last Af so went off ovulation - when did you book in?

Oh I was thinking the same.. I'm only about 4.5 weeks and still haven't fully got my head round it all so was gona leave it a while but when is the right time?

The midwife will see you when you are about 8 weeks, but you can get in touch with them as early as you want :) I am about 4-5 weeks, and I've just filled in the forms, mainly cos I want her to arrange an appointment and a scan asap so I know I have something to look forward to lol. I'd say it would be wise to get in touch by 6 weeks (in the UK at least) so the midwfe has plenty of time to make an appointment, and before her appointments all get taken for the week you should be seen by her :thumbup:

I'm 5 weeks and made my appointment for week 9 and scan at week 12.

I called around 4/5 weeks to book. Appointment was at 8 weeks exactly.

I made mine as soon as I found out, which was about 5 weeks, and they scheduled my first appt for when I was 8-9 weeks (we're having a dispute about the exact due date).

I didn't have an appointment with my last pregnancy until I was 13 weeks because they couldn't fit me in and this time in booked in just before 12 weeks too xx

I phoned around 5 weeks and they saw me when I was about 7.5 weeks.

i got my first midwife appointment at 4 weeks 6 days pregnant. i booked the appointment about three days after i found out i was pregnant so i didnt just walk in. im glad i went in before 8 weeks because i was told i need twice the prenatals i was already taking prior to the visit. all in all, i just didnt wanna wait that long to get an idea of how baby was doing or what i could do in the meantime waiting to see!

I think I'm five weeks so phoned yesterday and got my appointment for the 22nd January. If you phone and it's too early to be seen then they just book your appointment for the best time. Usually around 8 weeks xxx

In Canada, you don't get a guarantee that you are going to get a midwife. So I found out I was pregnant on a Friday (they were closed for the weekend), and called first thing on the Monday morning at 8am when they opened! Now I am on a wait list, and they can only take so many clients so I will find out in the beginning of January if I will be able to have one. Otherwise I have to go with my family doc and then get transferred to an OB later in the pregnancy.

I am hoping, wishing, and praying for a midwife!!! My birth experience with my daughter using a midwife was amazing, so much so I took a Doula course and often fantasize about becoming a midwife! I will be devastated if I don't get one again this time around. :(

I went to see my GP at about 5/6 weeks (been trying for so long I was convinced my missed period was down to stress! lol).

Booked into midwife for week 9 and then scan at 13 weeks. Once you're in the system, it seems to go relatively to plan. The community midwives are only at our practise on wednesdays (and I want to avoid the hospital) so I book in advance as much as I can (otherwise you only get slots like 12pm, making me take the whole day off rather than work half a day).

I didn't realise quite HOW MANY appointments you get for your first child though (it's a long ole list).

Mine have a new rule not to contact for an appt before 8w.
I phoned at 8w0d and they couldn't fit me in until almost 13w! :dohh:

Luckily my local hopsital have booked me in separately for my nt scan, as im not exactly low risk lol x

With both my previous pregnancies I saw the mw for booking in at around 9 weeks. This time round I rang ASAP as I have fallen pregnant straight after a mc, had to wait 2 weeks for appointment. She didn't really do much, no wee or bloods and no scan till 12 weeks. So I'm going g back again next week for my proper booking appointment :)

Dan-o that's terrible!

Thank you all of you, I will wait until after the new year and phone, I had a MMC in my last pregnancy and they said they would scan me early the next time I got pregnant, so might ring my doc's 5th Monday I will then be 6 week's x

My mw does a "meet and greet" around 6 weeks and then books you in for your booking in between 8-9 weeks. I haven't seen mine yet as I've had a few MMC's so I was waiting til we had seen a baby before I booked in. I now won't see her til the 8th when I'll be 10 weeks!

I've met her before though so she's just sent my notes and pack out to me in the post which I'll take along with me at my booking appointment when I'll have my bloods and whatnot taken.

The hospital also booked my 12 weeks scan in as it is busy and at this rate I'll miss it and I want the nuchal test for downs so that's on the 26th Jan. I think cause I'm high risk and been seen by the hospital 3 times already is why mines slightly different

:flow:

Awww Like they say every Pregnancy is Different - With my Last Pregnancy I have had high BP so always been booked in 2weeks early to be induced and 4hr blood pressure Test's once a week once I get to 20weeks - When would you think you can pick up a HB on a Doppler I have one?

Awww Like they say every Pregnancy is Different - With my Last Pregnancy I have had high BP so always been booked in 2weeks early to be induced and 4hr blood pressure Test's once a week once I get to 20weeks - When would you think you can pick up a HB on a Doppler I have one?

I had high BP last time - and still have it so I'll have it again this time lol. I'm going to try with my Doppler on Saturday after my scan. If I can't find it I'll not panic as I'll have just seen everything's ok lol. I'll then try again after my 12 week scan too for the same reason lol!

:flow:

Aww the Same love the Doppler's!! I go onto Pound Land and buy there KY jelly cheaper and works the Same cannot wait to use it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->