how much @ 7 months

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
So Charlies coming up to 7 months now and is on 3 small meals a day how much per meal should he have he usually has porridge for breaky and then lunch and dinner time he has part of a jar of baby food (1 jar usually lasts 2 days for 4 meals )but im not sure how much of it he should be having i guess it should be more than that soon ? my hv doesnt seem to want to give me much advice and keeps saying you dont have to really worry about solids untill thes 27 weeks but next time i see her hel be over 27 weeks next time i see her :hissy: xxx

Sounds like he's doing fine to me. I think they recommend getting them onto three meals a day before they are a year old, and I'm sure he'll increase the size of his meals when he is ready. Aaron is 10 months and still isn't on to three meals a day. :dohh:

I've heard that it's good to have them on three meals a day around 6mo? Even if it's only 1-2 bites a meal, it's so they establish routine eating times. Then you just up the amount during each meal as they get older.

I would just feed him what he wants. At 7mo he should be able to turn down the food if he isn't hungry anymore. Colton will eat up to a whole 4oz Stage 2 jar in one sitting. But other times he will eat only half of it, other times he will only want a few bites (but this is rare unless he just isn't a fan of what I'm trying to feed him ;) ).
It's normal for a baby to get distracted during a meal, so if Colton does I usually give him a minute or two (the dog is constantly distracting him) then continue feeding. But if he starts turning away from the spoon or not opening his mouth for it then I stick it in the fridge for another day.

Sounds like he's doing fine to me. I think they recommend getting them onto three meals a day before they are a year old, and I'm sure he'll increase the size of his meals when he is ready. Aaron is 10 months and still isn't on to three meals a day. :dohh:

oh god i thought they was suppose to be on 3 meals at 6 months , he could probly carry on eating more at each meal though so wasnt sure if i was giving him enough xxx

I've heard that it's good to have them on three meals a day around 6mo? Even if it's only 1-2 bites a meal, it's so they establish routine eating times. Then you just up the amount during each meal as they get older.

I would just feed him what he wants. At 7mo he should be able to turn down the food if he isn't hungry anymore. Colton will eat up to a whole 4oz Stage 2 jar in one sitting. But other times he will eat only half of it, other times he will only want a few bites (but this is rare unless he just isn't a fan of what I'm trying to feed him ;) ).
It's normal for a baby to get distracted during a meal, so if Colton does I usually give him a minute or two (the dog is constantly distracting him) then continue feeding. But if he starts turning away from the spoon or not opening his mouth for it then I stick it in the fridge for another day.

yeah i did hear before that they will just turn it down when theyv had enough but i was scared of over feeding him i know he could eat alot more at each meal but i just been giving him a bit, he seems ok though so maybe il just carry on like this and gradually increase it thjen like you said xxx

Lol you could be talking about my Oscar there!

He eats stage 2 jars. Porridge/cereal for brekky and whole jar for lunch with a rusk followed by another whole jar for dinner with a yogurt after and milk throughout the day.

Am I giving him too much? He doesn't look overweight.

oh god i thought they was suppose to be on 3 meals at 6 months , he could probly carry on eating more at each meal though so wasnt sure if i was giving him enough xxx

I guess they give different advice everywhere, round here they say not to start weaning at all until 6 months and then gradually increase the number of meals they have so that they are eating 3 meals a day by a year old at the latest.

Anyway, sounds like you're doing a great job, I'm sure you won't overfeed him. :hugs:

I guess they give different advice everywhere, round here they say not to start weaning at all until 6 months and then gradually increase the number of meals they have so that they are eating 3 meals a day by a year old at the latest.

Anyway, sounds like you're doing a great job, I'm sure you won't overfeed him. :hugs:

thanks i started at 6 months but very small amounts i think il just increase slowly then xx x

Connor is on two meals a day and eats 1 jar of stage 2 fruits or veggies at a meal (4oz jars).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->