How much are your gas/electric bills per month?

3 bed semi, 4 people, not very well insulated and we're not exactly energy efficient either (have the heating on constantly, thermostat control, have a tumble drier on most days etc)

Between £70-120 per month depending on the time of year for Gas & Electric. We are with NPower.

2 bed semi, cavity wall insulated, 3 people and dog. Bill around £80 per month - pay by direct debit so pay the same amount each month.

I like a warm house tho so use it regularly!

£74 gas £80 electric
Largish 3 bedroom detached house, which is quite old so not very well insulated.
2 adults, 2 teenagers and a toddler.
We have a gas hob, electric oven. Heating is on all day most days. Washer does 2 loads a day, dishwasher 1 or 2 loads a day, and I use a tumble dryer. The boys often have pc's, Xboxes and tv's all on at the same time. We also have 2 lizards and a tortoise which have heat lamps etc.
Xxx

3 bed semi, 2 adults 2 children.

£40 gas
£25 electric

Southern gas.

Arcadia.... Any tips with getting small bills like yours? :)

Electric £120 a month
We have oil heating so that works out about £100 a month too.

We live in a 3 bedroom terrace.

2 bed maisonette, me and Ben, I pay £65 a month direct debit. It was that for a year, then went down for a year to £45 and now back up again!!

gas I seem to get once a year off my landlord, he does the bills there as we share a gas tank. Not even sure what gas prices are . My shower, heat and cooker run off gas.

Electric (ok I will rant) is £20 a week! my wash and tumble are never off. It really pees me off. I got a clothes horse and it takes too long to dry, I ended up throwing most the clothes to charity.
I live in a castle. Only 2 bedrooms in my apartment.

Large 2 bed flat, £19 electric, £25 gas with Scottish Gas - my monthly bills have just been reduced to this. You can apply for a warm home discount, I put the link in the sticky thread above about reducing energy bills.

Arcadia.... Any tips with getting small bills like yours? :)

Lol I dont know really. When we first moved in we paid like £20 gas and £18 electric and got into arreas and so had to pay much more.

But for past 2/3 years its been steady goes up a couple of pounds due to inflation etc.

I have the hot water come on for 2 hours in morning for hot showers and then one hour in evening for kids bath and washing up!

The heating goes on for a few hours if its chilly but the house doesn't get that cold. I wouldn't put the heating on just to dry clothes i just put them on an aira i really dont know how to spell that .. a hanging rail to air them :D

My electricity is £30-45 per quarter. I don't know how, I use the washing machine and tumble drier most days to do my work uniform.

Gas is more expensive, anywhere from £30 per quarter in the summer to £300 per quarter in the winter (though that was the first winter I moved in, never had to worry about heating costs before as I'd lived at home, and had the heating on almost constantly).

I'm with British Gas for electricity and Calor for gas, but there is a big communcal tank somewhere so I don't have to worry about getting it refilled or anything and it just comes to my house and I use it/get billed for it like normal gas.

There is only me here and I live in a new, 4 bed 3 storey mid-terrace house.

We're paying 89 euros for 6 months electricity (no gas here) for the first 1500 kWH (predicted to use about 1700-1800kWh) and 7cents per kWH after that so that should equal out to about 18 euros a month.

2 bedroom/one storey terraced house with heating on full all the time and an electric sauna used at least once a week.

Natsku your energy bills are so cheap, u lucky so and so. :haha:

We live in a 2 bed terrace. 2 adults 1 child. Pay as you go with eon, £15 a week gas and £10 electric. X

We pay €79 a month for electric. Heating is included in our rent but it works put at about €80 a month.

Germany has one of the most expensive energy rates in the world, so please don't moan that your electric is high because it isn't :p (last year it was 23 cent kWh probably more this year, we're with eon).

Ugh, too much. In the winter, about £60-£80 in electric and £30-£50 in gas.

An old Scottish council flat (we're private), 2 bedroom, landlord hasn't bothered to put in double glazing and there are 3 people.

It's freezing and those bills are without the heating on in winter - we can't afford to heat this flat, it's too cold. Instead we have a portable heater on for a small amount of time when it gets really cold. Never for more than an hour though - it only costs 49p an hour.

Right now, I can see my breath when I breathe out :dohh:

I really, really want to move :)

We don't have a tumble drier, restrict to 2 washes a week and have to watch what we're doing with everything.

£10 a week in each ive got prepayment metres.
I have washing machine on twice a day and tumble dryer on once too. Im a sahm and home all day too.

I've never spent more than $100 in gas & electric a month.

Some people pay hardly anything! Wonder where we are going wrong!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->