How much are your gas/electric bills per month?

I pay £55 per month I'm due a review though so it could possibly change because of winter. I live in a 3 bed new build semi detached just me and LO x

I can't believe how low some peoples bills are compared to mine :(

We pay £155 per month. It was £175 but we switched to a fixed tariff. We have a 4 bed house that had a really old boiler & were told we were wasting about half the gas we were using, so we changed it for an energy efficient one and have saved nothing!

Bit of a sore point at the moment we rent our new build 2 bed apparently Eco friendly first of its kind flat from a housing association... They've put the wrong boiler system and it's costing us £70 a week in electric (we don't have gas) still waiting for them to move us as they won't remove the system so until then they are putting just over £300 a month into my bank to pay for our electricity bills

I could cry!

Bit of a sore point at the moment we rent our new build 2 bed apparently Eco friendly first of its kind flat from a housing association... They've put the wrong boiler system and it's costing us £70 a week in electric (we don't have gas) still waiting for them to move us as they won't remove the system so until then they are putting just over £300 a month into my bank to pay for our electricity bills

I could cry!

Glad they're paying for it now, but what's the point in moving you - surely the next tenant will just have the same problem and they'll have to pay the £300 to them instead?

I could cry!

Glad they're paying for it now, but what's the point in moving you - surely the next tenant will just have the same problem and they'll have to pay the £300 to them instead?

I have no idea there refusing to take the dodgy system out and just put an extra radiator in the bathroom so it will help.

Ours is a Nibe system... It sucks air out of the rooms and recycles it into hot water and heating! The systems are so uneconomic and not worth the bother as they aren't collecting enough air through the vacuume so the Emerson (sp) element comes on to back it up! It's ridiculous

There also refusing to admit that this problem was noted by a previous tenant because they've destroyed all that tenants details !
If anyone gets the chance google Nibe to see just how bad and wide spread the problem is.. I've never felt so low since living here :( worked so hard to get off anti- depressants and get myself to good place to be put back on them yesterday by my GP :'(

There moving us because they aren't doing much about the problem fast enough and are basicly using us as there guniea pigs (or so it feels) trying to test different things on the system and we've both said we're not sticking around to see if It works or not after research and experience with the Nibe system I have no faith in it being fixed it should be destroyed but they won't see we're being treated as priority case to be moved until then they have to pay :(

Everyone's involved now from the HA executive right through to the local MP and watchdog

I could cry!

I have no idea there refusing to take the dodgy system out and just put an extra radiator in the bathroom so it will help.

Ours is a Nibe system... It sucks air out of the rooms and recycles it into hot water and heating! The systems are so uneconomic and not worth the bother as they aren't collecting enough air through the vacuume so the Emerson (sp) element comes on to back it up! It's ridiculous

There also refusing to admit that this problem was noted by a previous tenant because they've destroyed all that tenants details !
If anyone gets the chance google Nibe to see just how bad and wide spread the problem is.. I've never felt so low since living here :( worked so hard to get off anti- depressants and get myself to good place to be put back on them yesterday by my GP :'(

There moving us because they aren't doing much about the problem fast enough and are basicly using us as there guniea pigs (or so it feels) trying to test different things on the system and we've both said we're not sticking around to see if It works or not after research and experience with the Nibe system I have no faith in it being fixed it should be destroyed but they won't see we're being treated as priority case to be moved until then they have to pay :(

Everyone's involved now from the HA executive right through to the local MP and watchdog

:hugs:
So sorry your going through a tough time. I hope your MP gets things sorted for you. It's disgusting how this company are being allowed to behave.

Things will get better soon :flower:

2 bedroom fairly big flat, we went through £500 of gas in two months!*
2 people, 1 dog, 2 cats.

I just got my gas bill the other day - £200 and something for the quarter - not bad as I put my heating on quite early this winter, probably around October or early November. It was mid-late December 2 years ago!

I could cry!

:hugs:
So sorry your going through a tough time. I hope your MP gets things sorted for you. It's disgusting how this company are being allowed to behave.

Things will get better soon :flower:

Thanks Hun xxx

Should be moving very soon so they've told me not gonna hold my breathe though xx

I have wet central heating, cost is rediculous, it's about £200 per month ATM. In summer is £50. So £150 per month on just heating!

Our electric bill is approx €200 - €250 per month, but we are farming so there's lights in the sheds for the cows (who are in all Winter) & soon the milking parlour will be running which will make it even more expensive! We don't have gas, we've oil but we don't use it much as we have a stove which is our main source of heat as it heats the rads & water, we spend about €100 per month on coal, wood, briquettes etc for it.

2 bed mid terrace, 3 people (me DH and DD)

Gas - £25 a month
Electric - £36 a month

3 bed mid terrace £61 dd a month for gas and electricity xxxx

216 USD and looks like that is roughly 129? 1700 SF. I have allergies to cats and dogs and do LOTS of wash to help control them. We are on a payment program where we get the same bill everymonth and one balancing month where we either pay what we owe or get a credit. Last year we got credit of almost 2 full months.

Gas is just for our hot water heater and I do wash litter boxes often and husband LOVES longggg hot showers. Our house was built in late 50's and some rooms are very cold compared to others.

3 bed Semi, 2 adults and 1 Toddler.

£70 joint gas and electric :)

To make you all feel better about your bills. We moved in the summer to a big 1920's house with lots of sash windows. Our gas bill for the last quarter was just under £1000. :shock:

Our Gas is 70 a month :|. But our radiators and thermostat were broken so that should go down in April.
Electric is about 40 a month.

The computer, washing machine, heating, chargers etc are always on the go though!

3 bed semi, rented, with 2 toddlers and me and OH

Live in a 3 bed terrace 2 adults 2 children and a toddler (and dog) at the moment I pay £100 a month and we are around £60 in credit. Used to pay £125 a month...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->