How much are your gas/electric bills per month?

I've got a 3 bedroom townhouse and there is 2 adults and a 9 month old. At the moment we are spending £85 a month on gas and £85 a month on electric. We are on prepayment meters for both.

3 bed semi
5 people
Gas hob,heating,water.
Electric oven,dryer,tvs games consoles etc.

I recently rang up and requested a change of tarrif so now we pay £130 a month for both,fixed till 2015 (npower)

3 bed semi detached new build. Fully insulated, solar panels for hot water (I think)

2 adults, 3 children. £120 a month fixed DD.

Washer, dryer, dishwasher on every day. TV on most the day (SAHM and I need background noise)

Supplier is E-On

We pay gas every three months at around £150-£200. Electricity we top up around £40 a month on the meter.

We pay £78 a month for both with Eon at the moment.

That's with 2 adults, 1 child in a 2 bed new build house

Im shocked how high some of these are £120/130 each month!!!

It will be £120/130 for both together, not each. Ours is by direct debit & we say pay £120pm then after a 6 month reading we will be in credit so the payment will come down quite a bit.

Ours was 108 for electric and 50 for gas with British gas. We have changed to npower and pay 113 per month but I don't know how that's going to work out as we haven't been billed yet.
We live in a 2 bed semi detached cottage - 3 floors and thatched.
Xx

We live in a 3 bed flat and there are five of us, we pay about £65 a month electric and £20 a month gas x

On a good month ;) :cry:

It will be £120/130 for both together, not each. Ours is by direct debit & we say pay £120pm then after a 6 month reading we will be in credit so the payment will come down quite a bit.

I think she meant £120/£130 every month, not each a month if that makes sense?

On a good month ;) :cry:

I think she meant £120/£130 every month, not each a month if that makes sense?

Ah yes! I think I read it wrong originally! Sorry Arcadia...just ignore me!

£81 a month for both, I think it'll go up though because since we had LO I've had the heating on pretty much constantly :wacko:

we're 2 adults and 1 baby in a 2 bedroom tenement flat.

Haha yeah I meant combined each month As one person said £120 and another said £130 .. i think ;)

Thats like double what I pay i would cry my eyes out if i had to pay £120+ a month.

Haha yeah I meant combined each month As one person said £120 and another said £130 .. i think ;)

Thats like double what I pay i would cry my eyes out if i had to pay £120+ a month.

On a very good month, we'll pay £90-£100 for both (this will be in summer).

On an average month, we pay £130+. That's with NEVER having the heating on (literally. Never), only turning the water on when needed, 2 wash cycles a week etc. I do cry haha! It's our 2nd biggest expense after rent.

Mine is a dual fuel quarterly bill with eon. It's been between £255-£300 per quarter, depending on season, so roughly £85-£100 per month for gas+elec combined. I have a bigish 3-bed terrace, ex council 50's built house with loft insulation and double glazing. Me and 2 kids who all like our tech so a lot of chargers on all the time lol. We don't have a tumble drier but the washer is never off and I tend to leave lights on. I am usually in the house too as I study from home.

I've not long signed up to switch to good energy which calculated a slight reduction for my predicted bills.

3 Bed cottage and there's me, two LO's

I don't pay either monthly, we don't have gas. I have an oil tank that I fill around 2-3 times a year, that ranges in price from like £250-350. Electric is around £200 every three months.

£88 amonth for gas & elec.
southern elec/gas

2bed flat which is not insulated at all, the windows are very gappy & the floorboards have gaps in so you can see down to the basement!!!

i put the heating on for 2hrs in the morning & 2hrs in the evening (water comes on at same time).

electric, i only have the tv or radio & slow cooker on.
lights are hardly ever on!
plugs turned off etc unless being used.

if im cold i snuggle up on the sofa under a blanket in my onesie :haha:

if we are home during the day & we are cold i'll put the heating on. xx

Large 3 bed 4 in a block flat (ground floor) 2 adults and 1 toddler our our DD is £71 a month. They sent us a letter trying to put it up to £100 a month so we phoned them and we're actually £250 in credit (bought house in July) so they put the direct debit back to £71 a month for both. Think we're with Scottish power.

£96 for gas& electric, 3 bed and double glazed although not sure in insulation. We're with npower

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->