How much are your household bills??

lau86

Reaction score
I usually let hubby deal with the joint account which is where the bills come out of, but thought I would have a look. Bit shocked that we are paying £75 a month for gas and electricity each! We pay £75 to sky and £45 to bt!! And the Bt Internet is shit we've had nothing but trouble since we got it.
We live in a 3 bed detached house, we have some extensions on the ground floor so relatively it is quite a bit bigger than the upstairs. But our house is by no means huge.
How much do you pay for things like this?

Atm during winter I pay about 15 a week for gas and about 5 a week for electric and summer gas is also about 5 a week, we have a small 2 bed house x

Our sky is £50 which includes - internet, line rental, sone free calls (unsure as I dont use it) and the basic package for with sport - you probably have more channels than us though. Call them up and say you cant afford it and they tend to give you a deal for 6 months iv done this 3 times.

I cant help with the gas & elec as I paid £30pm for each and now owe them £600!!!!! So im obviously not good with that.

£15 per week gas
£25 per week electric
£41 a month water
£25 a month tv license
£33 a month virgin media (internet & landline)
£27 a month mobile phone

I don't have sky tv or anything, I have BT Broadband and line rental which is around £38 a month. I pay TV license monthly which isn't much (can't remember the amount off the top of my head)
I pay my electric quarterly which is usually around £200-250. I have oil central heating with a tank which I top up whenever I need to - usually around 2-3 times a year and that costs £200-300 depending on the amount I have.
I'm not on a water meter we just pay rates twice a year, one in april and one in october and again, can't remember exactly what they are.

When we were in the UK we had a combined bill for gas &'electric and paid about £140 a month direct debit year round - we usually ended up a bit in credit and I got it back every now & then. I would rather slightly overpay than have to find money later.

It was a 4 bed house, we had the loft super insulated and double glazing etc

My house is a 3 storey newly built mid terrace. I pay about £60 twice a year for water, £30 per quarter in the summer for gas and about £200-300 per quarter in the winter for gas (calor gas from a shared huge tank somewhere, which is metered as it comes in to my house), I pay about £30 per quarter for electricity. Landline and internet is, I think, just under £30 per month, and mobile about the same.

Council Tax 102 and that with my 25% off as i'm at uni
Water 35
TV liscense 12
Gas and Electricity 150
Bt (line rental, phone, and tv package with sky sports) 70
Mobiles 70

We live in a 3 bed semi

My electric bill confuses me, some months its just a tenner and other months its 30 or so and some months I get two bills...but I guess on average its around 25-30 euros a month

26 a month for water

100ish euros for internet/laptop (but I'm paying for 2 old internet connections I no longer use but have to finish the contracts out, old laptop that I finish paying for in the spring, and currrent internet connection and current laptop)

No other monthly bills (phone is PAYG) and live in a little (60ish square metres) flat

Or monthly bills are

50 combined gas and electric
25 water
50 sky (this is hd tv, broadband, line rental and calls)
8 home insurance

2 bed new build x

How come everyone's gas and electric are so much cheaper than mine? :(

How much do people pay per kWh for electricity? I was always under the impression that its more expensive in Finland but now I'm not so sure. I pay 6 cents per kWh (and thats for 100% renewable energy, I think its a little cheaper for non-renewable sources)

I'm in a 3-bed ex-council mid terrace with relatively big rooms, my last quarterly dual fuel bill came in at £298 ish. That's with heating on as it's been freezing (I live in Scotland lol) and lights and gadgets running. This is with Eon.

Sky I pay £25.50 a month just for TV.

Phone and internet is with talktalk and it's £23.15 a month which is discounted for 6 months then goes up to £31. It includes TV as well but I can't get a signal on that as there isn't a roof aerial so that'why I kept Sky.

Water is part of council tax (Scotland) and that's £86 a month on band B (this is with single person's discount as I'm the only adult living in the house).

Mobile phone is £20 a month and I capped it so I can't overspend but I've never got near my allowances anyway. With tesco.

Our gas and electric is £160 combined a month and we live in a two bedroom house! I find it ridiculous!

Our gas and electric is £160 combined a month and we live in a two bedroom house! I find it ridiculous!

That's loads! Is it an old house without cavity walls? Our old 2 bed end terrace cost as much as our 4 bed detached place.

I pay 250 a month gas and elec 100 virgin inculding broadband pay council tax yearly and water twice a year. Also about 100 to fill my log store up every few months

That's loads! Is it an old house without cavity walls? Our old 2 bed end terrace cost as much as our 4 bed detached place.

It's not that old. It's a stone end terrace. I do have the heating on all the time in winter but I still think it's loads! It's about £90 just for the gas!!

£20 per week electric
£10 per month water
£20 per month tv liscence
£25 per month sky (internet and landline)

X

3 bed terraced house, we pay

30/week electric
15/week heating (Estimate as we have oil heating)
45/month sky hd with movies
33/month BT Internet
70/month for 2 mobile contracts

How much do people pay per kWh for electricity? I was always under the impression that its more expensive in Finland but now I'm not so sure. I pay 6 cents per kWh (and thats for 100% renewable energy, I think its a little cheaper for non-renewable sources)

6 cent per kWh is sooooo cheap! Ours is 23 cent kWh and we're with rip off e-on. I have asked my OH if we could switch but he says its too much hassle -.- no he's just lazy. Apparently Germany has one of the highest rates for electric in the world. We pay 79€ a month and we got 2 energy guzzling computers on more or less all day.

Luckily our heating, water rates and other expenses (like bin collection etc) is included in our rent so we don't really pay much. We pay 500€ a month for rent and we have a rather large 3 bedroom flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->