How much did/does your newborn drink?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
Joshua is 9 days old today and he is now having 4oz of formula every 3 hours.

i put him onto the second stage teats (says ideal for newborns) yesterday coz he seemed to be struggling with the slow flow teats.

is this ok that he is on the second stage teats and that he is on 4oz every 3 hours?

what did your LOs drink at that age?

Hi! firstly congrats!!

Im not sure how much my lo drank at that age as i was only breast feeding!!
Now I am doing both as she doesnt seem satisfied with just breast milk!
If she is only having formula feed she has 4oz & she is 4 weeks old now.

Jayden is drinking about 8oz every 4 hours or maybe more now. But when he was about 9/10days he was drinking the same amount. So don`t worry hunni, you are doing prefectly ok... Hope he is doing ok?

How you finding everything? I bet you must be looking at him and thinking how gorgeous he looks... Update us with pics when you can...

Big :hug: to you and joshua...

Hannah drank 3 ounces every 3 hours at that age, but I think she was bigger than Joshua. We moved to 4 ounces this past week--week and a half and even now she sometimes takes 4 ounces, sometimes less....we really go with what makes her comfortable. We've used stage 2 teats since our second day home, she wasn't happy with the stage one. As long as he seems happy and isn't spitting his bottle up I think you're fine.

no he isnt spitting any milk up with the stage 2 teats.
with the stage 1 teats he wouldnt bring up his wind and was really colicy but now we have changed to the stage 2 teats he brings up wind every time and isnt colicy at all.

so is he being a piggy then eating 4 oz every 3 hours?

he sometimes only has 3 oz but then other times he has the full 4oz.

Honestly if he's eating the 4 ounces and is happy and contented I wouldn't worry about it. :D

Jace is drinking 4oz every 3 hours and he weighs 8lb 2 oz

Keira drinks 4 oz every 3 hours.

Rocco was on 3oz every 3-4 hours. He is now taking 4oz of sma hungry baby every 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->