how much different were your csections pain wise

MYPRINCEssB

Reaction score
so i had my dd via csection and i had hardly any pain after when i went home i only took one of the meds they gave me and diddnt take anymore because i felt fine just a little sore and i diddnt like how it made me feel loopy especaly around baby. i was very young at the time and i felt in good shape.
then i had ds 6y later via csection and my help that stayed with me wasnt much help and despite being in more pain that go around i was climbing out of bed to get baby everytime he cryed. which tore somthing and i had a bleed inside that swelled my genitles as big as a grapefruit and turned it black.:dohh: lets just say i was horiyed. and the pain was horibal and i had to take all my meds that time and they just took the edge off.

so for csection #3 thats sceduled in 3 days im worried about the pain. i know i wont have much help this time again and im going to force myself to use my call button and have the nurses bring baby to me so im not hurting myself in the long run. so how were your csections different from each other any advise of things i can do to minumise pain when i get out of hospital

dd was an emcs the pain was awful they didnt get me out of bed for 24 hours it took around 5 attempts because i almost passed out from the pain, i really was dreading my elective with DS but it couldnt of been any different, i had him at 9.30, was sitting myself up in bed by 4pm and had got myself out of bed by 8pm and took myself to the toilet, i was able to care for him myself the whole time, something i really felt i missed out on with DD, pain relief wise i only took paracetamol if id done a little too much after 5 days i was on no medication, infection now thats a different story lol! x

emcs was awful, couldn't even get my own underwear on or get showered properly for the first 4 weeks. Scar got infected too. Id say it was a good 3 months before the pain started getting better.

Second time was an elective which was way better but I still had to take pain meds for a good 3/4 weeks

My first (emergency) wasn't very painful at all, I drove myself home and had no issues at all.

My second (elective) hurt a lot more for some reason. Still not extremely bad but the pain lingered for a good 7-10 days and I took pain killers at home, which I didn't do for my first.

With both ds1 and ds2 I was able to get lo out of the hospital bassinet without getting out of bed. Dh was there and it was a huge help, but if he was sleeping I was able to use my arms only to curl them up.

My best advice would be to try and get out of bed without using your abdominal muscles (sounds obvious so forgive me if you already know this). From a lying position, whether inclined or not, roll to your side closest to the edge of the bed. Walk your feet over the edge slowly until your knees are over the edge but your still on your side. Using your arms, push off the bed to get yourself to a sitting position. This uses as little core muscles as possible and puts you at less risk of hurting your body.

EMCS, horrible. Failed VBAC/ELCS much more tolerable. I was feeling better within weeks rather than months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->