How much do you have to talk about your loss at your booking appointment?

Riveted Rosie

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I'm fairly newly preggers again (about 5+3) after a loss last year.

We had a rough time last year and weren't even a couple when I learned the pregnancy wasn't viable.

Obviously I have to mention it at my booking appointment but I am anxious about talking about it after so long (just over a year) and don't want to get upset but also don't want to look blasé about it!

Has anyone else felt like this? Do they ask much? It may be I am just overthinking the heck out of it!!!

I had three losses before my dd, they just asked if I had been pregnant before and then if I had any children. They asked (gently) what had happened ... e.g. Had I miscarried or aborted. Then they just asked if it was natural, medical or surgical and the gestation. They also asked if I had any testing but that's only because I had three losses. They needed extra information about my ectopic but it was all handled sensitively. I think they spend about 30 seconds on each miscarriage and then slightly longer on the extopic, because I'm now at a higher risk of another and need extra monitoring.

I had three losses before my dd, they just asked if I had been pregnant before and then if I had any children. They asked (gently) what had happened ... e.g. Had I miscarried or aborted. Then they just asked if it was natural, medical or surgical and the gestation. They also asked if I had any testing but that's only because I had three losses. They needed extra information about my ectopic but it was all handled sensitively. I think they spend about 30 seconds on each miscarriage and then slightly longer on the extopic, because I'm now at a higher risk of another and need extra monitoring.

Thank you loeylo, that makes me feel a bit better. I just want to get that appointment done!

Huge congrats on your DD too.

I was asked at my booking appointment, I had a very early loss 8 years ago but I had barely found out I was pregnant and I was young and it's all a blur so I don't remember much. I told her what I knew and she was absolutely fine with that. Was about 30 seconds of sensitive questioning that my midwife handled really well. I hope it goes well for you lovely

I was asked at my booking appointment, I had a very early loss 8 years ago but I had barely found out I was pregnant and I was young and it's all a blur so I don't remember much. I told her what I knew and she was absolutely fine with that. Was about 30 seconds of sensitive questioning that my midwife handled really well. I hope it goes well for you lovely

Thanks lovely, I don't know why I am so fussed, they must hear about things all the time! You ladies have certainly helped put my mind at rest! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->